+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece Doujinshi Thread v 2.0

Default Re: One Piece Doujinshi Thread v 2.0

@ Dinty:
    Actually, I was refering to the S&H price not cover(dji) prices (shipping from Japan is always killer, however).
    Anyways, its NOT as cheap as you say it is:
    I've been through the hell of trying to order from those guys before. In the end I've lost about $80 US dollars using there method-
    Those money orders they want Canadians to use are the same price(for ONE order form) as most djis themselve (its a special money order that you cant even buy in my city- I looked everywhere for them, and the ones they give you Japane won't accept) Add that to the standard price of S&H and your spending over $50 plus the dji's price. X_x
    I know I'm a cheap person, yet its not always worth it. And not everyone owns a credit card (which is the best to use for that site).

But who cares anyways.
    Last edited by Iron Law; June 27th, 2007 at 09:03 AM.
    Yo Ho ho, he got hit by a train...LOL!

I know I haven't been participating in this thread so far, but I remembered I took photos of my doujinshi collection a while back and never did anything with them. So here you go, you're welcome. I don't think there's anything beyond what you might see in movie 7 in there in terms of boobage.
    Spoiler:

Pairing preference? I don't know what you're talking about.
    If you spoiler me, I will eat you with tater tots.

Quote Originally Posted by doublefinger View Post
    Do serve as a reference?
    Thanks, doublefinger! It's very helpful.
    May I add this to our FAQ?

------

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Law View Post
    @ Dinty:
    Actually, I was refering to the S&H price not cover(dji) prices
    Hmm, it sounds more like you're referring to the price (and frustration) of purchasing an international money order, not the price of S&H. It seems that Canadian International Money Orders are much more expensive than American International Money Orders. Ours are only $4 (for amounts of up to $700), sounds like yours might be $10 or more. That would get expensive quickly! --

http://www.usps.com/money/sendingmon...nationally.htm

Was there a reason for purchasing IMPOs for each doujin? It might have been less expensive to put them all on one IMPO. Of course, that would mean purchasing all the doujins at the same time -- and I understand that it's not always convenient to do so.

Well, since you did order from JP Queen, feel free to vent about them all you like in this thread -- but again, it sounds like your main gripe is with the Canadian post, not with JPQueen!

And not everyone owns a credit card (which is the best to use for that site)
    If you have a debit card (ATM card) with a Visa or Mastercard symbol on it, you can use that.

But who cares anyways.
    Well, presumably anyone reading this thread -- since JPQ is one of the few places gaijin can get doujins.
    "Over-thinking,
    over-analyzing ..."

......-- Tool (from Lateralus)

http://www.jpqueen.com/onlineshop/se...p?AUTHOR=Secco

For all Secco fans out there.I hope you enjoy.But as soon as they get that LuccixLuffy doujin that dinty posted in the last thread, it is so mine! I hope! >>;
    *''*._.*''*._.*''*._.*''*.*''*._.*''*. _.*''*._.*''*.

Quote Originally Posted by dinty View Post
    Thanks, doublefinger! It's very helpful.
    May I add this to our FAQ?
    dinty, Please Use it !

Supplement.
    If the number of the print is small amount, the unit price of the book rises.
    However, in the case of big Circle, Because the number of the print is a large quantity,
    the unit price of the book becomes cheap, but other expenses are added.

Because a "all chara story circle" is few recently, the new publication is few.
    Therefore, I think that the circulation of a used book is more.
    A popular circle, Compared with a former price,There is a book that becomes ten times the price, too.
    Even if it is bought in Japan, it is high!
    For example, it is "Matirego

Quote Originally Posted by bevin View Post
    I know I haven't been participating in this thread so far, but I remembered I took photos of my doujinshi collection a while back and never did anything with them. So here you go, you're welcome.
    Thanks Bevin -- that's quite a collection! (Now I understand what Mandrake meant when she said that between your collection and hers, nearly every Sanji/Nami doujinshi is covered). Speaking of covers, those pictures remind me how great NP;NG covers can be -- especially "Quarter Note".

Quote Originally Posted by doublefinger View Post
    dinty, Please Use it !
    I will -- thanks for the supplement, also. :)
    "Over-thinking,
    over-analyzing ..."

Well, I'm off for the convention which starts tommorow. Lucky for all of you, my friend's mom has internets at her apartment. It'll be slow so I won't post any pictures, but I'll post titles or summaries of doujinshi to the best of my ability!

See you guys in a week!

Quote Originally Posted by Bee's Wing View Post
    Well, I'm off for the convention which starts tommorow. Lucky for all of you, my friend's mom has internets at her apartment. It'll be slow so I won't post any pictures, but I'll post titles or summaries of doujinshi to the best of my ability!

See you guys in a week!

All right!
    Have fun, best of luck, and tell us all about your loot when you return.

EDIT:
    I've updated the FAQ with new sections for "the cost of doujinshi in Japan" and a section on Mandarake (the online bookstore -- not the similarly named AP regular who is the Goddess of OP Anthologies) ... Have a look!
    Last edited by dinty; June 28th, 2007 at 09:57 PM. Reason: no need to double-post
    "Over-thinking,
    over-analyzing ..."

I got back from Expo, and I am somewhat disappointed!

My friend wanted to try out for AX Idol Voice Acting, so I was only allowed a quick runthrough of the Exhibition Hall before he dragged me back out again. I saw a HUGE stack of OP doujins for sale, but he kept bitching and so I left before I could examine the pile.

Fast forward to Day 2 and the stack is almost completely gone! I asked the owner about specific doujinshi and he said that they sold like hotcakes on Day 1 ;_;. Luckily I found one nice, all-charaacter doujinshi by Chiyori Komakura and Yukiriko. I just love how they draw Nami and Usopp! I'll post some scans of it later after I finish re-styling my room with all the new stuffs I bought since I only spent ten bucks on the doujin. Quite a steal if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by bevin View Post
    Pairing preference? I don't know what you're talking about.

OH oh oh. Is there anyway you could scan Screw Driver and Lovers (the Alice/Hatter cover) for me by any chance? ^^! I'm extremely tired of looking for NxS pairing doujin and then finding Nami getting the entire crew involved. It would make this fangirl squeal~

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer Local-chan's Avatar

yaaay! YAAY! My Robin/Chopper doujin came in the mail today, and its SO incredibly cute, I think I may have a new fave <3

It also has a Chopperman short too! <3 <3 *squee* and a lil Robin holding plush Chopper pic.

Quote Originally Posted by Bee's Wing View Post
    ... but he kept bitching and so I left before I could examine the pile.
    Arrghh. I probably would have decked him at that point.
    But, then again, it's easy for me to say that because he's not my friend.

Fast forward to Day 2 and the stack is almost completely gone! I asked the owner about specific doujinshi and he said that they sold like hotcakes on Day 1 ;_;.
    That's unfortunate. However, on the positive side, this means that this vendor will probably bring tons more OP doujins to the next Expo, because they sold so well!! The trick will be to get there as soon as you can, and to sneak away from your friend just long enough to peruse the pile and give the vendor your cash.

Luckily I found one nice, all-charaacter doujinshi by Chiyori Komakura and Yukiriko. I just love how they draw Nami and Usopp! ... since I only spent ten bucks on the doujin. Quite a steal if you ask me.
    yes, $10 is an excellent price for a doujin in USA. No wonder they sold like hotcakes! You'd have to spend $10 just for the shipping if you purchased the same doujin from a Japanese vendor. I'm not familiar with that circle/artist -- looking forward to seeing her work. Thanks for offering to scan a page or two for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Local-chan View Post
    yaaay! YAAY! My Robin/Chopper doujin came in the mail today, and its SO incredibly cute, I think I may have a new fave <3

It also has a Chopperman short too! <3 <3 *squee* and a lil Robin holding plush Chopper pic.

Nice! Local, we've got several Chopperman fans here, when you find the time, can you scan a page of the Chopperman short for us? Thanks!
    "Over-thinking,
    over-analyzing ..."

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer Local-chan's Avatar

Has a couple of short stories

First is where they go on an Adventure to find Santa after they read a book about him.

Then its one where Chopper throws Robin a suprise birthday party, which is Robin's first celebration of birthdays since she was 1. (note the cute party picture)

Then is a few lil short panel ones. And the Robin plush one.

Then it's the Chopperman story where she is beat by his vision, then falls for him and makes herself a Chopperman plush to cuddle.

Bee's Wing, you shouldn't be disappointed, you got some cool stuff it seems :)

If you don't mind, since you're gonna scan some stuff sometime there, would you scan some of your Marine doujin too? lol and the page with Sanji as Helmeppo (and poor owned Helmeppo on the bottomXD)? Thanks a lot =D

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer AWB's Avatar

Sadly, I didn't find any doujins at the con. :( Sorry, dinty.

Does anybody want me to post my collection?
    I believe I might have around 15 OP doujinshi and around 50-60 in all.
    the most I have ever payed for a doujinshi is $25. Usually, I get them for around 1-5$ a piece.

Quote Originally Posted by RuNa View Post
    Does anybody want me to post my collection?
    I believe I might have around 15 OP doujinshi and around 50-60 in all.
    the most I have ever payed for a doujinshi is $25. Usually, I get them for around 1-5$ a piece.
    Sure -- especially if your OP collection is Luffy/Nami (as your avatar hints) -- we've got several Luffy and Nami fans here. Feel free to post the covers, like Bevin did, or post excerpts from your favorites, like Local did.

Or both!

Sadly, I didn't find any doujins at the con. :( Sorry, dinty.
    No need to apologize, Rootbeer. From what Bee's Wing and Cosmic have said, it sounds like there were only a few OP doujins sold there, and that the All-Charas sold out almost instantly.

And hey, I've seen a picture of your Brook cosplay.
    EXCELLENT! You did a great job of it. Time to start your own cosplay thread, if you haven't done so already, in the creativity forum.
    Last edited by dinty; July 4th, 2007 at 11:31 PM.
    "Over-thinking,
    over-analyzing ..."

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer AWB's Avatar

Really? Where did you see it? I've been curious as to what sites feature my picture.

I found it here, Rootbeer --
    Ichnob posted this in the AX thread:

http://ucla.facebook.com/album.php?a...278&id=2537210
    "Over-thinking,
    over-analyzing ..."

Quote Originally Posted by dinty View Post
    Sure -- especially if your OP collection is Luffy/Nami (as your avatar hints) -- we've got several Luffy and Nami fans here. Feel free to post the covers, like Bevin did, or post excerpts from your favorites, like Local did.

Or both!
    Nope, I wish I had some though. Also, I made a mistake; I have 150-160 doujinshi (I don't really eel like counting them right now).

Most of the doujinshi I buy come in lots of 5-7.
    Also, most of the doujinshi I have are either all chara or gag. The only doujinshi I have with pairings are ZoroSan and SanLu/ZoLu (I belive a lot of the doujinshi might be from the same circle which would explain the pairings). There is also one with a small NaVivi scene. The reason I do not have any LuNami doujinshi is because of the rarity and the price (most seem to be around 20-25$). I do have a Harry and Hermione doujinshi, though :P

I'll try to post some pictures of them tomorrow.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information