+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: HallÄ dÀr!

AgamemnoN

Originally posted by Pepsi@May 4 2005, 03:10 PM
    Go Sweden ! Go Sweden !
    Du gamla du fria du fjÀllhöga nord... lalala -sings- (No, I'm no razist. -_- Or I wouldn't be here)
    [snapback]42318[/snapback]
    Please, it's a beautiful song and it deserves to be sung everyday!

Anyway, 5 - 1! Guess Suomi didn't stand a chance! wich is pretty strange actually, i always think we lose against finland :lol:

But now i have to find a beautiful swedish flag and post here to celebrate.
    BRB

edit:

Man it was hard finding a good pic of a flag, but im lazy, so i took this one, it had a beautiful summer blue sky in the background, those things are always nice. :)

Felt bad for the finnish people, they should get a flag too!

Awwwwwwww Beautiful flag! -hugs it-

..::<3::..

I gave the match a quick glance and what, 5-1 . Jeez, so pitiful... next time we will hava a better luck.

Okey, patriotism and nationalism should wither away from the planet earth but I never get tired of the flag, I mean flags.

The whole past week has been a nightmare for me, nothing else but swedish tests and essays. Talk about getting force feeded. And after the whole mess, including seven years of study, I can still only say "Jag heter..." and suchs. The good thing is, I probably won&#39;t need to use the language ever again :P *takes a cover*.

AgamemnoN

Well, patriotism isn&#39;t all bad, as long as it&#39;s not too much of it, i remember a documentary, i think it was michael moore&#39;s booktour or something, he showed a clip from somekind of election speak that george w bush was holding, and everyone kept screaming: U.S.A&#33; U.S.A&#33; U.S.A&#33; and so on, that really scared the shit out of me :D
    For some reason i began thinking of adolf hitler and sieg heil, no offense :P

Anyway, i thought you guys didn&#39;t learn swedish in school anymore?

The country of lofty mountains and tall treetops, Finland

we are being patriotic in a healthy way, i think. not raging about our small and humble and great country.

but anyways, we really sucked yesterday. i knew it when we made the opening goal, that it would be downhill from now.
    perhaps next time.

besides, yoska, sorry to say this, but you really can&#39;t get rid of learning swedish. i have thought that numerous times but it always pops up again.
    you can run, but you can&#39;t hide.
    (i&#39;m still going to hope somewhere deep inside that i don&#39;t have to study it anymore, but unfortunately, life has a habit of surprising)

i think patrotism sucks i mean why the hell should i love the piece of mud that my country consists of and think its superior to every other place in the world just cause i happend to be born there,

and an other thing i dislike about it is that at least the ones in sweden most of the people who call the selfs patriots are also rasists and i truly and sincerly hate rasists .

AgamemnoN

Haha, well it&#39;s not like anyone forces you to love your country :D
    Besides, i do like sweden, i specially love the summer at my summerplace, i love the smell, the sound of the water and the warmth of the sun, at those time i think sweden is great.
    But i promise you im not a racist, but then again, i probably wouldn&#39;t call myself a patriot. Just somebody who enjoys his summerplace and hope sweden wins in every sport tournament we compete in.

But i don&#39;t agree with your claim that the most patriots also are racists, i think it&#39;s the other way, that people think/believe that the people who call themselves patriot are racists...

But i do agree with your hate of racists...

well i like sweden perfectly fine its a really nice place to live,

but i dont love it and i wouldnt claim it as the greatest country in the world and that it is way superior to every other country i wouldnt say that the swedish people are the greatest people in the world or that the swedish language is the worlds most beutiful like true patriots does.

and i stand by my statment being a patriot nowdays in sweden has become a way to be a rasist without acctualy having to call yourself that,

cause if you call yourself a rasist people will get pissed of at you but if your just a patriot then its okay and you can go around an talk about how the forigners only kill steal and rape and talk about how inferior those people are and that they should be thrown out cause they dont belong here and it would be totaly accepted since they are only loving their country not being rasists :rolleyes:

AgamemnoN

Haha, well, if the patriots you are thinking of acts like that, then i can agree with you.

But now im scared, i really hope that people doesn&#39;t actually believe those people to be patriots, because they&#39;re definitely nothing else than racists&#33; No more like nazis...

heh well ive had some pretty bad experinces with "patriots"

and i think cause many people who call them self patriots act like that people start associeting them with rasists and nazis.

AgamemnoN

Exactly, and that&#39;s wrong&#33; I just hope people know the difference between patriots and racists/nazis.
    Hmm, can&#39;t say i&#39;ve had bad experience with "patriots", but then again, can&#39;t understand
    why they&#39;d have any problem with me and my blonde hair :D

Anyway, i really like how my introduction has been going on for four pages now...

well to be blunt ive never had a good experince with a so called "patriot" ive been attacked twice by patriots who felt that i was a traitor since i said that i didnt love country and i didnt feel any need to throw out all the foreigners,

even thought they couldnt beat me up since they were kinda weak it still pisses me of that they even tried

and on another note i havent met a patriot who didnt have rasist opinions if i do i might consider changing my opinion

but as it is now in sweden the word Patriot=smyg rasse :P

EDIT and is this your introduction thought this was the offical swedish peoples thread :lol:

AgamemnoN

I have actually never been in a situation like that, but if i were they&#39;d probably call me traitor too, and that would just piss me off. No one calls me a traitor&#33;

But it really irritates me that you&#39;ve met people who called themselves patriots and act like that, they&#39;re really nothing else than nazis and they don&#39;t deserve to be called anything else...

edit: guess it kinda turned into a swedish or atleast scandinavian thread :D

me on ther other hand dont give a fuck if they call me a traitor since i dont feel that i have to have any loyalty to a piece of mud that is called sweden.

but still it annoys me that they will try to beat me up cause i question their retarded patriotism.

and even thought patriotism may have been something else once upon a time it is now basicly considered rasism since the rasist now days are calling them selfs that.

to bad for the real patriots thought i find real patriotism ridicouls to but not as retarded as rasism.

AgamemnoN

Well, i still don&#39;t agree with patriotism being the same as nazism/rasism, although nazism and patriotism may be similar to each other, for me there still is a line between them, patriots doesn&#39;t hate everyone who isn&#39;t born in their country, they only love their country, while nazis consider their country the greatest and everyone who isn&#39;t from that country aren&#39;t worth squat...

Was it my comment who started this conversation that I&#39;m to lazy to read ?

..::<3::..

Originally posted by Riksu+May 5 2005, 05:00 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Riksu &#064; May 5 2005, 05:00 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>we are being patriotic in a healthy way, i think. not raging about our small and humble and great country.[/b]
    I guess there&#39;s nothing bad about being a bit patriotic. Even though when we are living in a world where most of us are living in poverty and hunger I do understand that I was lucky to born into such a country as like Finland is but still, as I did nothing to deserve it, I feel no right to boast about it.
    Originally posted by AgamemnoN@
    Anyway, i thought you guys didn&#39;t learn swedish in school anymore?
    I wish. It has been discussed and we are not anymore obligated to participate the finals of it in high school (thanks god, otherwise I would probably be still behind the desk) but we still have to take classes of it. Really, I&#39;ve nothing against the language but I would be much happier without it. Imagine yourself studing finnish... yeah, that&#39;s right.<!--QuoteBegin-Riksu

besides, yoska, sorry to say this, but you really can&#39;t get rid of learning swedish.[/quote]In deep down I know it but I want to live in a dinial while it&#39;s still possible :P.

Originally posted by Yoska+May 6 2005, 03:40 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Yoska &#064; May 6 2005, 03:40 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    Originally posted by Riksu+May 5 2005, 05:00 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Riksu &#064; May 5 2005, 05:00 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>we are being patriotic in a healthy way, i think. not raging about our small and humble and great country.[/b]
    I guess there&#39;s nothing bad about being a bit patriotic. Even though when we are living in a world where most of us are living in poverty and hunger I do understand that I was lucky to born into such a country as like Finland is but still, as I did nothing to deserve it, I feel no right to boast about it.
    [/b]

you&#39;re right. what i think is that everybody should be at least a little proud of their homeland. i know i am, not in a raving way of always telling that &#39;omg&#33; finland is the best shizz evah&#33;&#33;&#33;111&#39; but i was born and raised here, so i do feel that there&#39;s always something to be proud of.

<!--QuoteBegin-AgamemnoN
    @
    Anyway, i thought you guys didn&#39;t learn swedish in school anymore?[/quote]
    I wish. It has been discussed and we are not anymore obligated to participate the finals of it in high school (thanks god, otherwise I would probably be still behind the desk) but we still have to take classes of it. Really, I&#39;ve nothing against the language but I would be much happier with out it. Imagine yourself studing finnish... yeah, that&#39;s right.
    blah, i had to take the swedish test when i was going through my finals. we didn&#39;t have the option then. i didn&#39;t succeed very gloriously. passed, though.
    i still think that the discussions of obligatory swedish will never be completed, it&#39;s such a tender issue and seems to be going nowhere. and considering our history with sweden, and the fact that there&#39;s still a small population of swedish -speaking people here, i don&#39;t see it coming to an end. not very soon, anyway.

<!--QuoteBegin-Riksu

besides, yoska, sorry to say this, but you really can&#39;t get rid of learning swedish.[/quote]
    In deep down I know it but I want to live in a dinial while it&#39;s still possible :P.
    [snapback]43385[/snapback]
    well, take the joy of the times you don&#39;t have to, and let the reality slap you in the face when it&#39;s the time.

by the way, this has to be the longest introduction-topic ever.

AgamemnoN

Originally posted by Pepsi@May 6 2005, 05:41 AM
    Was it my comment who started this conversation that I&#39;m to lazy to read ?
    [snapback]43344[/snapback]
    Hmm, can&#39;t seem to remember how it started, and like you i am way to lazy read it all again...

I wish. It has been discussed and we are not anymore obligated to participate the finals of it in high school (thanks god, otherwise I would probably be still behind the desk) but we still have to take classes of it. Really, I&#39;ve nothing against the language but I would be much happier with out it. Imagine yourself studing finnish... yeah, that&#39;s right.
    No offense, but i would probably kill myself if we had to learn finnish in school :D

i still think that the discussions of obligatory swedish will never be completed, it&#39;s such a tender issue and seems to be going nowhere. and considering our history with sweden, and the fact that there&#39;s still a small population of swedish -speaking people here, i don&#39;t see it coming to an end. not very soon, anyway.
    Although i don&#39;t mind you people learning swedish, it&#39;s pretty convenient when you go there, i really don&#39;t understand why you would have to? I assume that the majority of the people in finland speak finnish, and even if there are a small population that speaks swedish, wouldn&#39;t it just be easier if they learn how to speak finnish?

Originally posted by AgamemnoN@May 6 2005, 05:32 PM
    Although i don&#39;t mind you people learning swedish, it&#39;s pretty convenient when you go there, i really don&#39;t understand why you would have to? I assume that the majority of the people in finland speak finnish, and even if there are a small population that speaks swedish, wouldn&#39;t it just be easier if they learn how to speak finnish?
    [snapback]43425[/snapback]
    convenient, one would assume, but despiting the fact that we have to study it at school, most of us actually just scramble through their lessons because they have to and throw away all of the things learnt from their minds after school.
    and we have to, because finland is a two-language speaking country, even though the swedish-speaking population is only 6 per cent. i think most of them do know how to speak finnish, but they are just so proud of the fact that they are swedish-speaking, that it&#39;s not easy or even fair to make them speak finnish when their native language is swedish.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information