+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Mystery Science Theater 3000 (MST3K)

Default Mystery Science Theater 3000 (MST3K)

So, for those of you who remember this show, how hilarious was it? I remember getting up every sunday at 9am to catch the show, (until SciFi Channel stopped airing in like 2004). For those too young/never seen it, the premise is a man and 2 wise-cracking robots are forced to watch horrible movies, and hilarity ensues.

I recently found torrents online and watched the entire first season (first 6 seasons had different actors) and my belief has been reaffirmed that this show is ingenius and off-the-wall funny. For those who've never seen it, I highly recommend it, duh.

Default Re: Mystery Science Theater 3000 (MST3K)

I had no idea about it until I looked up what Manos: The Hands of Fate was. I've found a crapload of episodes on youtube and have loved it ever since.

My favorite movie on there so far is Hobgoblins.

my my my my Mitchell

the bigot who thinks being an asshole is actually worth shit

Reverse the polarity! Senshi Mizaka's Avatar

I've seen a few episodes as a kid. That's some hilarious shit there. Though the funniest one I've seen so far was "Santa Claus Conquers the Martians"
    Rappin' Chopper:

"Yo; I was a reindeer livin' out in 'da snow! But then this old geeza' doctor brought me into his home! After healin' my wounds, I felt real phat. Then, old docta' Hiruk gave me this blingin' hat! My family beat me, shunt me, but it's all tight. Because I'm doin' my doctor remedies all night. I look like freak with my Human Human fruit. But now I'm with some gangsta' pirates who like to steal loot! All the girls like my blue nose. Yeah; it's the way that I get the *Record scratching*. Usopp's the guy with all 'da glory. He's my main man with all his tight stories. Zolo's Santoryu skills are on ice. You betta' watch out, or you gonna get sliced! Sanji's the cook servin' up the main dish. Don't mess with him, unless that's your wish. Luffy's 'da captain with the straw hat! His Gum Gum skills are real real tight. Vivi's the princess of Alabasta. Now we gotta head there, and we betta' do it faster!"

Great series. I love it! My favorite is either "Overdrawn at the Memory Band" or "Space Mutiny."

Dude, they're all over Youtube.
    Screw torrents.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer AWB's Avatar

But youtube has granny quality, Zephos.

I love the series. They've given us such classic lines. And I can't wait for the next DVD set to come out on June 12. It will feature episode 206 - The Ring of Terror, 409 - The Indestructible Man, 414 - Tormented, and 1011 - Horros of Spider Island.

BOX ART

Robot Monster consistently cracks me up but Mitchell may be the best thing ever.

For a while I was making a daily check on alt.binaries.multimedia.comedy for MST3K episodes (they used to post them all the time but are empty now - looks like a.b.m.mst3k has picked up the slack tho) and have probably 100 or so in my 'library'. I'd still love to see the full catalog released as big fat full season box sets.

And you can dream - So dream out loud
    normyk's chocolate blog!

For those too young/never seen it
    aka

UNLUCKIEST PEOPLE EVER KNOWN TO THE HISTORY OF PERSONKIND.

http://www.rifftrax.com/

The riffing continues...

I recently started watching the show on Youtube and I love it! I'm not sure what my favorite one so far is, but I liked Manos: The Hands of Fate and Prince of Space. I also liked two of the shorts they did Spring Fever and Perfect Posture.

It's hard to pick a single favorite episode.

On the other hand, I think my single favorite segment was probably the Werewolf medley. The Hubble sequence ranks up there as well.
    Complicating things since 2009.

One of my favorites is The Final Sacrifice with two of the most lamest heroes I've ever seen in a film. Oh and who could forget that crazy grizzled old guy who lived in the woods and sounded like a cross between Yosemite Sam and Dr. Teeth.

^
    "Knew him?! He was delicious!"

It' so hard to choose a favorite. The Creeping Terror is definetly in my top 5. Mitchel, of course, makes it there as well.

Personally I can't stand half of the segments inbetween the movie viewing.

Crow was the the funniest out of the 3

Personally I can't stand half of the segments inbetween the movie viewing.
    it had its moments

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    aka

UNLUCKIEST PEOPLE EVER KNOWN TO THE HISTORY OF PERSONKIND.
    YES

I was born in 1990 so I was maybe five when it was on. But I still loved it so damn much.

I seriously need to youtube this stuff, or find the old VHS copy we (might) still have of the movie.

Haha damn. I haven't seen the Menos episode yet! I need to.

Quote Originally Posted by Strange_One View Post
    Haha damn. I haven't seen the Menos episode yet! I need to.
    Be forewarned that it's not that great of an episode, despite being legendary. It's so relentlessly bad that there are a couple of moments in there where Joel and the Bots just sit in a sort of stunned silence with an occasional "yep" or "uh-huh" instead of snarking. One of them was the fight sequence, though I seem to recall another one in there somewhere as well. At other times, they seem to be desperately casting about for something, anything to laugh at, which is not something that I remember seeing in other episodes.

It's a bad film that doesn't give them much to work with at times, unlike, say Mitchell, where they can hammer Joe Don Baker effortlessly and endlessly.

So if you want to be entertained, I personally recommend Mitchell, Space Mutiny, Hobgoblins, Pod People, or Boggy Creek II, and to give Manos a pass. I do recommend seeing it at some time, but don't make it a priority.

Personally that fact that they were so stunned and just went "So.. Manos the... hands of fate, eh?" was one of my favorite things about the episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Carter View Post
    Personally that fact that they were so stunned and just went "So.. Manos the... hands of fate, eh?" was one of my favorite things about the episode.
    Well, that's why I did recommend seeing it; Manos has to be seen to be believed, but it's just not that great an episode entertainment wise.

While definitely not an episode that you should ever use to introduce people to the concept, it's probably one every fan of the series should see eventually just for the sheer novelty of an episode where Best Brains was confronted with a film that so irredeemably bad that they're really couldn't do much with it.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information