+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Mystery Science Theater 3000 (MST3K)

Default Re: Mystery Science Theater 3000 (MST3K)

Last week, I just saw the epicness of Mexican Santa Clause episode. God, it was just awesome and Santa is dick head to poor Pitch, the devil.

I just thought I would post this...

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

Damn, they are going to air Final Scarfice later today. I need to see that ridicious movie again.

I have no (read: zero) interest in any MST3K home video releases until they make a deal for Sandy Frank films. Until then it's too painful to watch.

I've been watching it recently, now that I have Netflix Instant Watch on my Xbox.
    I totally forgot how awesome it is, I used to watch it all the time with my older sister when I was younger.

My favorite one is definitley Time Chasers, sucks that that one isn't on Netflix though :/

I just saw Robot Monster, a few days ago. God, that movie was insane with grollia suit with a robot head.

I love this one bit that I think Joel was an impression of the Lennie character from Of Mice and Men when Ro-Men kidnappeds the girl.

Crow vs. Senor Sock on Talk Soup with an appearnce from Tom Servo and Mike.

[youtube]O_dnTBrGqeQ[/youtube]

A friend of mine let borrowed some of his MST3K boxsets since I haven't seen most of these episodes. Anyways I just finished watching Angels Revenge.

I never thought I would see a terrible Charlie Angel ripoff. Sure couple of the girls in the movie were cute, but god the teacher girl was a very terrible actress ever.

WOO-HOO!!!

Fans rejoice! The MST3K/Rifftrax guys are returning to TV for a short series (3 episodes) for the . . . . . National Geographic channel?
    http://io9.com/mst3k-returns-to-tv-k...ogr-1547445826

But whatever! Who cares! They're on TV!

There are rumors and just rumors so far that the three will be reprising their Satellite of Love stranded characters in the specials. *crosses fingers*

Rifftrax has filled the void pretty well. And on movies you actually want to see them mess with.

You don't need the silhouettes to make it work at all.

Seeing how this is slated to air on April Fool's Day, I'm gonna say it's nothing but hate filled lies.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Adams
    I have always been dissatisfied, I know that. But lately I find I reek of discontentment; it fills my throat and floods my brain. Sometimes I fear there's no longer a dream but only the discontentment.

I'm glad they're back!

I'm currently watching all the episodes at a leisurely pace and it feels like I'll never get through them all, so it's never really felt like it's been gone. This has got to be one of the funniest shows I've ever seen, in regards to pure laughter.

EDIT: Great article on the history of the show. Also adds to the possibility of a "reboot" of sorts if Joel gets his way.
    Last edited by Mickamott; April 22nd, 2014 at 01:34 PM.

3DS: 1993-7490-6080 NNID: Mickamott PSN: Mickamott

A kickstarter for new episodes of MST3K have begin. I hope this does happen.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/11/...is-coming-back

Quote Originally Posted by Sano View Post
    A kickstarter for new episodes of MST3K have begin. I hope this does happen.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/11/...is-coming-back

cool!

but it would feel weird if they cant get most of the actors back

and hopefully it stays as close as to how they did it before as possible but with a refreshed feel

Okay, so the kickstarter has already hit 500 thousand so will probably hit its 2 million goal pretty quick, and even possibly the 5 million before its all said and done...

but where the hell does that money go? Licensing the films, paying the staff, I get that... but wasn't the entire point that MST3K is suuuuper low budget?

And as I said last time this thread was active, Riftrax pretty much fills the void anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Okay, so the kickstarter has already hit 500 thousand so will probably hit its 2 million goal pretty quick, and even possibly the 5 million before its all said and done...

but where the hell does that money go? Licensing the films, paying the staff, I get that... but wasn't the entire point that MST3K is suuuuper low budget?
    Well, remember, The Room took $6 million to make.

Granted, Tommy Wiseau didn't know what the fuck he was doing. I just know there's some level of irony going on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Well. Joel answered my exact question.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/1413188

A lot of it goes into kickstarter fees and bonus tiers, and a good chunk is in startup cost. Individual episode is only about 250,000, which makes a lot more sense, and actually is super crazy cheap, since it still has to cover license costs.

So, I`m currently on a mission to watch all of these. Finished Season 1 and the first 4 episodes of Season 2 so far. So many more episodes to go, ugh But it`s worth it, hilarious stuff. It`s sad that this is practically unknown over here (only the movie was dubbed in German), though I guess it would be quite hard to translate, since so much of it are puns or references that no one here would get. Atleast we`ve gotten a similiar format in recent years in Germany that is clearly inspired by MST3K.

Quote Originally Posted by Riddler View Post
    So, I`m currently on a mission to watch all of these. Finished Season 1 and the first 4 episodes of Season 2 so far. So many more episodes to go, ugh But it`s worth it, hilarious stuff. It`s sad that this is practically unknown over here (only the movie was dubbed in German), though I guess it would be quite hard to translate, since so much of it are puns or references that no one here would get. Atleast we`ve gotten a similiar format in recent years in Germany that is clearly inspired by MST3K.
    Well you're in for a treat. Because in my experience, the writing just got better into the later seasons, and became less dependent on pop culture references too.
    [ Twitter | deviantART | FanFic: Dragon Ball GT: Revised ]
    3DS FC: 1504 - 5800 - 6358 // NNID: KaboomKrusader // PSN: KaboomKrusader // Steam: KaboomKrusader

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information