+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: YuYu Hakusho

Default YuYu Hakusho

I don't intend to post on here, but there were too many YYH posts in the Bleach section. Now you have somewhere to go

Default Re: YuYu Hakusho

awwww its the greatly superior YYH making your Bleach look inferior

and a side note, anyone notice how much some of these character parallel JJBA characters

Yusuke and Jotaro are like identical
    Kuwabara and Jean
    Kurama and Kakyoin

I found that kinda odd.

Jotaro is a lot cooler then yusuke, by far.

Genkai could be an older version of Lisa Lisa.

Also to start off the thread I am going to say that the

Sensui arc > anything else in the series.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.allsunday
    Nice job jumping on the bandwagon there Aethos, I can only wish I was as cool as you

I agree with Tal. YYH>>>>>>Bleach. Not that I hate Bleach tho.

I wish the final arc of YYH wasn't rushed tho. It would've greatly benifitted from additional length. Still, I loved the final chapters/episodes of the series. My second favorite series after DB/Z

Brawl FC: 3823 8204 8139

Quote Originally Posted by gaara d. lucci View Post
    I agree with Tal. YYH>>>>>>Bleach. Not that I hate Bleach tho.

I wish the final arc of YYH wasn't rushed tho. It would've greatly benifitted from additional length. Still, I loved the final chapters/episodes of the series. My second favorite series after DB/Z
    Final arc was great.....until yusuke proposes the torunament. Then its happy go lucky tournament fights until the end.

I dont know why people compare bleach to yu yu hakusho. I dont see the comparison besides the main character in both being delinquents.

I think yu yu is undoubtably better than bleach. Bleach is horrible now, and before it was just your definition of generic shounen manga. It was entertaining, but by no means was it anything memorable.

I agree with that warp......in the manga. but in the anime, the dark tournament was better. I mean it was just a timeless arc. the peak of the series.

I didnt like the conclusion of the sensui arc. yusuke's demon was just deux ex machina. and after the whole arc being less about fighting, it seemed unfitting that the arc ended with all the fighting.

not to mention sensui having some kinda disease and all that other stuff he said at the end, seemed kind of irrelevant.
    Last edited by tony-kun; April 3rd, 2007 at 06:53 PM.

All day, every day TakinawaTonfa's Avatar

Seems like a lot of people here are into comparing Bleach and YYH. Allow me to not conform to that.

I love Yu Yu Hakusho. Its the first anime that ever actually purchased. I'd say my favorite arc was the Dark Tournament. Very well done in the anime.

yusuke's demon was just deux ex machina and after the whole arc being less about fighting, it seemed unfitting that the arc ended with all the fighting.
    Look at it this way, Yusuke himself was pissed that the last arc ended the way it did. But yeah, the whole Sensui having a terminal illness thing did come outta no where...

Bleach <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Yu Yu Hakusho

Oh was that posted already?

Well i didn't really read the manga But I did watch the anime. And I thought it was great except the final arc.Even for shonen it had alot of action

I actually haven't read the manga version of the senui arc ^^. Though YYH is one of the only series I like better in the anime.

That, sure, Yusuke's demon thing was a little DeM, but it looked cool so I was good.

That and one of my favorite lines in all of manga came from YYH. It's the line where Hiei says that he's gonna bring Sensui to hell and throws the dragon flame* at him right after yusuke "dies."

Man that line was just so...I can't desribe it it was so cool XD

* = what was this attack called again. I went by "dragon of the darkness flame", but that was Funimation's title so I kinda forget the manga title ^^;;

Quote Originally Posted by mr.allsunday
    Nice job jumping on the bandwagon there Aethos, I can only wish I was as cool as you

Quote Originally Posted by warp View Post
    I actually haven't read the manga version of the senui arc ^^. Though YYH is one of the only series I like better in the anime.
    QFT, Yuyu is probably the only anime i think is better than its manga counterpart. Mainly after the fight against Toguro, when Togashi laziness became evident.

Quote Originally Posted by warp
    * = what was this attack called again. I went by "dragon of the darkness flame", but that was Funimation's title so I kinda forget the manga title ^^;;
    Ensatsu Kokuryuha, i guess

Ah, the good old days.

Yeah, YYH does own Bleach, nowadays it seems Bleach is just DBZ with swords (Although YYH had some pretty DBZ-esque moments too)

I agree that Yusuke's demon form was pretty DEM, but the ass-whooping that followed made up for that.
    Strung out in heaven's high, hitting an all-time low.

I like Flame of Recca better than YYH :X

I really used to like YYH....until it became a tournament manga. I still can't understand how people can say "ZOMFG ITS OVER 9000X BETTER THAN BLEACH" when it pulls the same crap....earlier.

(NOTE: I still like YYH and Bleach, I just feel like I needed to add that for everyone else)

*Also, the #1 thing that pissed me off about YYH was that damn Hiei. WhyTF couldn't he tell Yukina that he was her brother AFTER he killed Sensui? (I'd really appreciate if someone could answer that)

YYH is more badass and has more style

period

who cares if it follows classic archtypes if it rocks and kicks ass while doing it.
    Last edited by Taleran; April 3rd, 2007 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RuNa View Post

I really used to like YYH....until it became a tournament manga. I still can't understand how people can say "ZOMFG ITS OVER 9000X BETTER THAN BLEACH" when it pulls the same crap....earlier.

(NOTE: I still like YYH and Bleach, I just feel like I needed to add that for everyone else)

*Also, the #1 thing that pissed me off about YYH was that damn Hiei. WhyTF couldn't he tell Yukina that he was her brother AFTER he killed Sensui? (I'd really appreciate if someone could answer that)
    Because its ten times more creative and carefree?
    And has a personality while doing it?

Rather than the circus of deadpan cliches that is the Soul Society?

I'm talking about the manga myself. Which I prefer muchly over the anime.

Quote Originally Posted by RuNa View Post

eh? Recca was a tournament manga too at one point.

I will say recca had a better ending tho. Manga wise.

Anime was total garbage.

and reason we say yu yu > bleach is because yu yu's best was alot better than bleach's. I mean come on, it basically used the same arc structure TWICE, and of all arcs they choose the one that dragged the first time to re-do., except remove all the interesting characters. just bland main characters(I always found ichigos group to be rather boring) and even worse enemies. That is what turned me off the series.

but thats why I dont see why people compare the two. I see no real similarities in structure.

Elder Toguro was the most bland and awful villain I've ever seen.

the bigot who thinks being an asshole is actually worth shit

Personally think that YYH is all over the place with its arcs..both in a good and bad way. The whole "Ghost"-feel of the first arc definately makes it stand out, even though we know Togashi was doing a different genre at first before making it a fighting manga. Perhaps my favorite parts are the early Spirit Detective cases (the three items, Genkai's Tournament...also include the first Toguro arc) and the Sensui arc (where Togashi was free from the tournament factors that bogged down the middle and end and created some really fun powers and situations...even though the whole "Demon Blood" crap nearly ruined it). I like bits and pieces of the Dark Tournament (Koto and Juri..what more can I say), but somehow found the final Toguro battle more anticlimactic compared to some of the other battles. And the final arc...well, I guess I wasn't into it even before it became another tournament..but the ending (at least in the anime) was beautiful in tying everything back to the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Carter View Post
    Elder Toguro was the most bland and awful villain I've ever seen.
    Yes.

but ichigo is the most generic shounen main character you can find. I mean everything about him and his main group is just bland and uninteresting.

So I see your 1, with 6.(I include renji)

Who said anything about Bleach?

I don't really care what people think of it, since it has been in a bit of a lull, but I just wanted to point out how shitty Toguro was.

I mean his design is BUFF MAN IN BAD 80'S SUNGLASSES.

And his SUPER POWER FORM looked like someone shit him out.

His talk about I'M ONLY USING 5.03333333333333&#37; OF MY POWER and so forth was probably worse than Freeza and other mid-late Dragonball villain.

Then it turns out D'AWWW he's a good guy after all.

Retarded.

And from what I remember for however much SENSUI THE BADASS was showcased and built up, after his convoluted backstory is cleared up he's dispatched in 2 seconds.

the bigot who thinks being an asshole is actually worth shit

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Carter View Post
    Who said anything about Bleach?

I don't really care what people think of it, since it has been in a bit of a lull, but I just wanted to point out how shitty Toguro was.

I mean his design is BUFF MAN IN BAD 80'S SUNGLASSES.

And his SUPER POWER FORM looked like someone shit him out.

His talk about I'M ONLY USING 5.03333333333333&#37; OF MY POWER and so forth was probably worse than Freeza and other mid-late Dragonball villain.

Then it turns out D'AWWW he's a good guy after all.

Retarded.
    haven't even hit the DT yet and I agree

YAHARRRRR LOOK AT MY MUSCLES UPON MUSCLES

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information