+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 402 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 93 143 ... LastLast

Thread: General Sonic the Hedgehog Thread (Now With Less Uncanny Valley Zone)

Default Re: Sonic Unleashed

Quote Originally Posted by Yuara Pirate View Post
    I wonder how Sonic becomes WereSonic in the first place.
    It looks like it's depicted in the pics but I guess we won't know till later.
    Quote Originally Posted by SSM View Post
    Toni, no offense, but you must be the most plain user on the forum. Your posts, your avatar, everything. You're like the Ishamaru of Arlong Park.

That totally came out of nowhere.

Duval_The_Pirate_Chef

Default Re: How Would You Save the Sonic Series?

get rid of the 4krap vas and bring the originails back (except for robotniks old va cuz hes dead) or just have no voices at all

and the change the sonic rpgs battle system to the tales of symphonia battle system which would actually give the game speed unlike a turn based battle system

Duval_The_Pirate_Chef

it looks ok (it looks like their using the same gameplay from sonic rush which is good) but i dont really think ill like "werewolf sonic"

Duval_The_Pirate_Chef

Quote Originally Posted by Toshiya View Post
    More Info :

Information from ONM exclusive preview

- They admit to the leaked footage but claim to have been shown more than what has already been leaked.

- They confirm the whole game is definitely not on rails like Secret Rings, even for the 3D parts.

- Positive reactions to gameplay and camera from 'hands-on' experience.

- Confirm that Sonic Unleashed is being developed by Sonic Team Japan and is not spread out between production teams as some sources claim.

- Sonic and 'Were-Sonic' are split into two levels, day and night respectfully. Sonic has normal high-speed running and jumping and Were-Sonic is slightly slower and more agile. Sonic dodges past obstacles whereas Were-Sonic manhandles them out of the way and can toss enemies around, plus his overly-long arms let him traverse the levels by swinging instead of running 'in an almost Donkey Kong feeling at times'.

- Were-Sonic is confirmed as NOT being evil but simply being a hulk version of Sonic.

- According to ONM what they have seen so far of the two different gameplay styles they have melded together nicely.

- They have been informed that Tails and Amy 'pop up' but suspect other regulars such as Knuckles and Shadow may creep in as well.

Also included are various screenshots, many I am sure we have all seen before and one or two which appear new to me. The new ones are mostly just showing off background graphics which all look gorgeous.

As far as graphics go the Wii version must be exactly like the screenshots we have seen so far, perhaps though the final will simply have a lower resolution to the 360/PS3 version.

Interview with Yoshihisa Hashimoto breakdown

- Great adventure all around the world. Various new action systems and new abilities.

- Project started planning to create Sonic Adventure 3 and in the developers minds the game will have more in common with the Adventure games. No relation to Sonic 360 or Secret Rings.

- Trapped by Dr. Robotnik's evil plan, the power of the chaos emeralds is misused and something changes in Sonic's body.

- Nunchuk is included in the control method this time.

- Three new moves include Sonic Boost (by collecting rings, Ring Energy will fill up, which you can use to dash through the course at high speed), Sonic Drift (players will be able to take a short turn at any sharp curves while running through the course) and Quick Step (when running in high speed with an obstacle ahead, players will be able to move left or right rapidly). Other actions will be revealed later.

So basically this is Sonic Adventure 3 in a sense. Makes me happy.
    didnt read this before i mad that post just now...

well i thought sonic the craphog for the 360 and ps3 were supposed to be sa3... hmm it better be like sa2 if it is like a sonic adventure game cuz sa2 was the only good 3d sonic game imo (well the first sa was all right as well, ok any 3d sonic game past sa2 is horrible, lets hope this game changes that)

Duval_The_Pirate_Chef

Default tales of sonic the hedgehog

i just made these pics for fun (still making more) and i know tehre crap but this is just what i think a sonic rpg should be

im going to make a pic of z skits next

oh yeah for those who dont know i based these pics on the tales of games (mainly tales of symphonia)

sonic walking around a town

crappy battle scene i made

Duval_The_Pirate_Chef

Default Re: tales of sonic the hedgehog

also i got all the sprites and pics from sonic battle (spriters resource had the sprites)

Quote Originally Posted by Duval_The_Pirate_Chef View Post
    (except for robotniks old va cuz hes dead)
    T_T

It's so sad, I know.

Default Re: tales of sonic the hedgehog

... gee, um... well, someone had to speak first.

'appreciate the effort and all, but compare it to professional stuff and it doesn't actually look very good. It's just a few copied sprites which don't take very long to assemble and a health displays which are all over the place and very hard to read. there's also no fixed screen resolution to make it really convincing at all.

you need a little practice, and do something that takes much longer to do. better luck next time.

also, this should go in the "creativity" subforums, since it's not an official game discussion.

Robin saw everything u did Fluer de robin's Avatar

Personally, I'd shift the majority of the series' focus back on to Sonic instead of ******* Shadow. Ever since they have been putting Shadow in the spot light, the games have been mediocre. Then after giving Sonic his rightful place back, I would put focus on Tails, Knuckles, and Amy as well (the original cast from pre-adventure games), since they've been crammed into the corner to give Shadow more room.

*desends into madness*
    *is a dude*

Quote Originally Posted by Fluer de robin View Post
    Personally, I'd shift the majority of the series' focus back on to Sonic instead of ******* Shadow. Ever since they have been putting Shadow in the spot light, the games have been mediocre. Then after giving Sonic his rightful place back, I would put focus on Tails, Knuckles, and Amy as well (the original cast from pre-adventure games), since they've been crammed into the corner to give Shadow more room.
    To my recollection not a lot people give a damn about the Chaotix

get rid of the 4krap vas and bring the originails back (except for robotniks old va cuz hes dead) or just have no voices at all
    I still do not understand WHY people want to replace god awful voices with cardboard acting voice actors.

Sega's actors were NEVER good. NEVER. 4Kids' cast isn't good, but Sega's was NEVER good to begin with.

It's amazing how people bitch and moan that Shenmue's voice acting was horrible yet never bring up the awful English acting from the Sonic Adventure series.

and the change the sonic rpgs battle system to the tales of symphonia battle system which would actually give the game speed unlike a turn based battle system
    How about DON'T make an RPG for Sonic as Sonic is not Mario and is not capable of being versatile in regards to changing game genres?

I'd say Carue was a Lucky Ducky | YouTube Page

stop making Sonic games and take up a relaxing hobby...like beekeeping

Why the hell would I save SONIC?

There are better series out there. I would rather bring back EVO or Joe and Mac.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukento View Post
    It's amazing how people bitch and moan that Shenmue's voice acting was horrible yet never bring up the awful English acting from the Sonic Adventure series.
    Tell me about it. Some of those lines sounded like they came straight out of a CD-i Zelda game.

"I just wonder what Chaos is up to!"

As for the RPG, I'm waiting until it releases to pass judgment. It looks like it may have a chance of being good. Besides, Sonic Team isn't handling it, which is pretty much a good sign as far as I'm concerned.

Banner by 8bit of Otakuboards. I'm using it here too because it's that awesome.

I don't know causing Chaos?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandai Mera View Post
    I don't know causing Chaos?
    Him and his minions are seizing the Floating Island.

Sonic is off to grab his stuff.

Banner by 8bit of Otakuboards. I'm using it here too because it's that awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandai Mera View Post
    To my recollection not a lot people give a damn about the Chaotix
    I liked the Chaotix.

OK here's a silly ass thing I came up with for the Archie comics; if they ever decide to end their Sonic comic series, they should pull off a Crisis on Inf. Earth finale.

Talking about Chaotix.. Was there ever a way in that game to switch characters? I mean not playing with knuckles as a main character?

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukento View Post
    I still do not understand WHY people want to replace god awful voices with cardboard acting voice actors.

Sega's actors were NEVER good. NEVER. 4Kids' cast isn't good, but Sega's was NEVER good to begin with.

Acting wise? Maybe not but I thought the voices fit. I don't really care about the VA anymore though.
    Quote Originally Posted by SSM View Post
    Toni, no offense, but you must be the most plain user on the forum. Your posts, your avatar, everything. You're like the Ishamaru of Arlong Park.

That totally came out of nowhere.

Yuara Pirate

Yeah, I think I've gotten so used to the 4Kids voices that I don't really care for the old ones anymore. Though I think Vector's and Cream's old voices were better (4Kids Vector sounds like Barney from the Simpsons, 4Kids Cream sounds rather pixie-ish compared to little-girl Sega voice).

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information