+ Reply to Thread
Page 388 of 402 FirstFirst ... 288 338 378 386 387 388 389 390 398 ... LastLast
Results 7,741 to 7,760 of 8033

Thread: General Sonic the Hedgehog Thread (Now With Less Uncanny Valley Zone)

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Default Re: General Sonic the Hedgehog Thread (Feat. Douglass Robb from Hoobastank)

I'm sure the game is playable and perhaps even somewhat enjoyable. It's not a broken mess like 06 or Boom. But I'm not supporting anything it stands for by purchasing it new.

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

Default Re: General Sonic the Hedgehog Thread (Feat. Douglass Robb from Hoobastank)

Almost anybody who's a passionate Sonic fan at all will NEVER let '06 (and to an extent, Boom: RoL) go, despite said game being a little more than a decade ago. I learned to live with that rock hard fact. As for the meme DLC or just the games embracing the memes (whether intentional or not) in general, I always viewed that as a double-edged sword.
    The face of a Straw Hat.

Aside from Mania, the Sonic Boom TV show is the best thing about Sonic right now.

Spoiler:

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by MDL View Post
    And this is the best part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    And this is the best part of it.
    One more posting and it'll be a hattrick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Hmm seems they're taking a page out of Atlus's playbook.
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

Well, it's a good thing I downloaded the DLC before this news came to me.
    The face of a Straw Hat.

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    Looks like they are trying to go the EA route.

They put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

Bunch of announcements are flooding in.

A physical release of Sonic Mania is being released for PS4 XBONE and Switch. Will contain an artbook, new modes and playable Ray and Mighty!

5 Sonic Mania minisodes are coming following Sonic's adventures in Forces' dystopia. Same style as Mania OP.

Some new car racing game hinted at with only the "R" in the logo showing. Same as Sonic R font.
    Last edited by Conekiller; March 16th, 2018 at 03:32 PM.
    [
    Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

Great sage,equal of heaven Darkstorm's Avatar

Hyped for the mania + physical release and the cartoons.

Wonder how extensive encore mode changes will be.

That R seems disturbingly familiar.
    https://mynintendonews.com/2018/03/1...n-development/

Sonic Mania Plus' content will also be free DLC from day one for everybody who has already downloaded Sonic Mania.

I would have preferred Amy, Metal Sonic, the Chaotix, or the Hooligans over Mighty and Ray. But as long as they have unique abilities and aren't just resins of Sonic and Knuckles, I'm good.

The new Sonic Racing game is confirmed to neither be a sequel nor remaster. I was hoping for this racing game to take place on-foot like in Sonic R, but it is almost impossible to make that work for a well-balanced racing experience. If the game is willing to dig REALLY deep into the series' lore of locales and characters, like having Fang the Weasel and having no more than two Green Hill clone stages, I might buy it.
    Last edited by Count Mario; March 16th, 2018 at 08:38 PM.

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    The new Sonic Racing game is confirmed to neither be a sequel nor remaster. I was hoping for this racing game to take place on-foot like in Sonic R, but it is almost impossible to make that work for a well-balanced racing experience. If the game is willing to dig REALLY deep into the series' lore of locales and characters, like having Fang the Weasel and having no more than two Green Hill clone stages, I might buy it.
    Maybe the car revving in the trailer is Amy Rose's car and everyone else runs.
    All I know is that the sonic R song has been on loop in my brain all day:

Mania update, nice. Racing sequel, also nice. I'm one of the few people that actually really liked R.

I was hoping for this racing game to take place on-foot like in Sonic R, but it is almost impossible to make that work for a well-balanced racing experience.
    They balanced it out before by actually *designing* the stages to have shortcuts that some characters could take easier than others. Like Knuckles' glide or anyone that could fly could take a shortcut over water, but Sonic couldn't.

Of course, as you unlocked all the hidden characters they slowly replaced the others and the final characters like Metal and Super Sonic were just flat out broken because they over-powered them like crazy... but between Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Robotnick, etc it was pretty balanced out.

As I recall anyway, I haven't played it in forever.

I don't think the racing game is going to replicate Sonic R, but that doesn't mean they won't replicate Sonic R's soundtrack. Honestly, that's all I want.

I would have preferred Amy, Metal Sonic, the Chaotix, or the Hooligans over Mighty and Ray..
    They probably would be in if they were also in SegaSonic The Hedgehog.

Guess we won't be getting oshidos and waaaaaaaaaaah's though.
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; March 17th, 2018 at 01:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    They probably would be in if they were also in SegaSonic The Hedgehog.

Guess we won't be getting oshidos and waaaaaaaaaaah's though.
    Saves the cooler stuff for sequels, I suppose.

Spoiler:

I would have preferred Amy, Metal Sonic, the Chaotix, or the Hooligans over Mighty and Ray. But as long as they have unique abilities and aren't just resins of Sonic and Knuckles, I'm good.
    I thought Might and Ray were part of the Chaotix.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    I thought Might and Ray were part of the Chaotix.
    Mighty was. In Knuckles' Chaotix. But now it's non-canon.

Spoiler:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information