+ Reply to Thread
Page 381 of 382 FirstFirst ... 281 331 371 379 380 381 382 LastLast
Results 7,601 to 7,620 of 7632

Thread: General Sonic the Hedgehog Thread (Feat. Douglass Robb from Hoobastank)

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Default Re: General Sonic the Hedgehog Thread (Feat. Douglass Robb from Hoobastank)

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Well, Sally, Bunny, Antoine, Rotor, Uncle Chuck, Dulcey and Snively (and the king and Nagus) should all be free and clear since they're from the cartoon... but... much as I fondly love and remember them... should the comic really still be at all beholden to that franchise nearly 25 years and at least three other shows later?

It should probably just build from complete scratch from what the games offer given that's a huge enough cast as is... though being a second go at a reboot in just a couple years has to be weird for the writer.
    They shouldn't be beholden to an imaginary obligation like that. Above all else, the main video game cast should be focused on. Especially when they are getting shafted in the main series lol.

But if years later they decide to incorporate some throwback characters in the fashion that IDW TMNT likes to pull up characters/plots from former continuities, then I wouldn't really mind. Basically, they should only come back if the comic absolutely needs some original supporting characters for specific plot roles and Ian goes "hey, why not these old faces to spice things up".

I don't care if they show up or not though. I only want the main Sonic cast to shine. And hopefully at least two other recurring compelling antagonists besides Eggman. Not that I don't love him, but he is going to need a break once in a while if he is going to be taken seriously as a threat instead of a constant loser.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

Default Re: General Sonic the Hedgehog Thread (Feat. Douglass Robb from Hoobastank)

Well, I know it was a grindstone around the Archie comics... that they were for all intents and purposes still stuck with the same characters decades after they'd had any representation or relevence anywhere but the comic.

Far as I'm concerned Satam is the only one I care about and I prefer those characters, but... thats cause I grew up on them.

What was the last Sonic character introduced in a game that really made a lasting impact? Rouge close to twenty years ago?
    Complicating things since 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    What was the last Sonic character introduced in a game that really made a lasting impact? Rouge close to twenty years ago?
    I'd say Blaze, but Silver somehow showed up in more games and comic storylines than she did.

That depends on what you mean. Plot-wise? Shadow (the guy has four games dedicated to his identity crisis/redemption character arc lol). Overall recurring character? Silver or Blaze. Being popular with the fans? Blaze.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

Sonic Adventure 2 would be the last real showcase that counts for much, so yeah, Shadow and Rogue.

A little bit for Silver and Blaze I guess as they've appeared in several games, but I dunno that they've had a big impact outside of their games. They don't really make their way to the spinoff media like the anime. For a while there was an insistence on constantly including Cream in any game with multiple charactes and the anime, but I think she's dropped off and no one actually liked her much.

But really the only proper answer is Froggie, Big the Cat's pet.

Not Big the Cat himself, but his frog.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Sonic Adventure 2 would be the last real showcase that counts for much, so yeah, Shadow and Rogue.

A little bit for Silver and Blaze I guess as they've appeared in several games, but I dunno that they've had a big impact outside of their games. They don't really make their way to the spinoff media like the anime. For a while there was an insistence on constantly including Cream in any game with multiple charactes and the anime, but I think she's dropped off and no one actually liked her much.

But really the only proper answer is Froggie, Big the Cat's pet.

Not Big the Cat himself, but his frog.
    Blaze had a big impact before she was in 06. I really havent heard people talk about her since.

They put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

To this day I am baffled at the hoops they jump thru to keep including Silver in the games.

Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

Trying to resist Silver? It's no use.

Just gimme Vector, it'll be fine

Set Art by Daily Rowlet

Heh, now I'm wondering a timeline where 2006 was good enough to allow Elise to become a mainstay of the series.

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    Heh, now I'm wondering a timeline where 2006 was good enough to allow Elise to become a mainstay of the series.
    If they just replaced Elise with Amy the story would be a thousand times less horrible. Still bad, but not bestiality bad.

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    If they just replaced Elise with Amy the story would be a thousand times less horrible. Still bad, but not bestiality bad.

Furry on furry action isn't everybody's cup of tea.
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    It's not mine either, but it's still way less creepy than what Sega did.

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    The kiss doesn't really bother me. Not that it's a pretty sight either, but it's not much different from the fairy tale of the frog prince or Roger and Jessica Rabbit's relationship. Or Big Mom getting in bed with a Fishman to make a Mermaid/human hybrid dayghter.

Regardless, getting into any relationship is something that I feel goes against Sonic's free spirited attitude. Although I think I remember seeing Sonic 1 concept art of Sonic having a human girlfriend.
    Last edited by Count Mario; October 12th, 2017 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    Regardless, getting into any relationship is something that I feel goes against Sonic's free spirited attitude. Although I think I remember seeing Sonic 1 concept art of Sonic having a human girlfriend.
    You mean this?
    http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Madonna
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Yep. She was probably supposed to be the Pauline/Peach/Tawna of Sonic 1.

Too Diluted for School The Tenth Strawhat's Avatar

As long as Eggman's in the game/comics, he's all I need to enjoy the series. Like the quote goes, "a good hero needs an even better villain."

Other than Eggy, I sort of like Big the Chaotix stood out to me the most, they cool.
    The faces of a Straw Hat.

The first video's new zone looks like Chemical Plant, but frozen over... sort of? I see bits of snow and hints of frost, but the level looks really afraid of actually putting in noticeable amounts of snow and ice into the environment to look more aesthetically pleasing than a random dull factory. There so many cheap rows of enemies that do nothing but beg to get hit so that you superficially feel special. And that cutscene was awful. It happens out of nowhere, lasts for around twenty seconds, and tries to look cool when it's really just the player not having to do any work. It's weird and unnecessary, cut that out lol.

Edgy Infinite experiencing damage is amusing to me lol. But he barely looks like he's getting hurt after that brief scene. Probably because he has some kind of defense up, but the visuals and sound effects could sound more specific to make damage noticeable. He floats down for no reason too. And that weird red filter makes the cannon projectiles hard to see.

I can always rely on Sonic Forces to keep disappointing me.
    Last edited by Count Mario; October 17th, 2017 at 09:13 AM.

Too Diluted for School The Tenth Strawhat's Avatar

"Forces is a entirely new experience."

-Takashi Iizuka

Man, Mania was the worst thing to ever happen to Forces. If this came out beforehand, I'd probably be impressed, but that just isn't the case now. Adding ice elements to Chemical Plant the stage sounds interesting when you think of the possibilities.
    The faces of a Straw Hat.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information