+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 320 of 368

Thread: Chapter 448 - "Moria" Discussion

  1. #301
    Discovered Stowaway Ivotas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    福岡

    Default Re: Chapter 448 - "Moria"

    Unless of course the concept is somehow inspired by Toriyama´s Cell who already got stronger with consuming peasants. Then the shadow stealing concept could actually be a way to enhance the shadow thief.



  2. #302
    Moderator Aokiji freedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Chandler, AZ

    Default Re: Chapter 448 - "Moria"

    Quote Originally Posted by onemoment View Post
    I call it. I'm predicting that Gekko has light powers.
    Interesting guess, but I find it non-Oda-ish to have just recently introduced a Dark fruit and then to introduce a light fruit. More than likely, it'll be something completely unrelated like a weird paramecia that lets you blend into any environment like a chamelion and use the environment to attack! yeah! something like that!

    how does that allow him to steal shadows... only oda knows ^_^

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivotas View Post
    Unless of course the concept is somehow inspired by Toriyama´s Cell who already got stronger with consuming peasants. Then the shadow stealing concept could actually be a way to enhance the shadow thief.
    But, aren't we kinda hoping that Brooke and the Old man will get their shadows back. When Cell took people's "energy", they were pretty much dead. I understand you are refering to the simple concept of taking shadows to enhance oneself, but I've been shying away from the theory that the shadow thief stores the shadows internally. Since this seems like a difficult way for the SHs to recover these stolen items if they're somehow stored internally by the user.
    Last edited by freedom; March 15th, 2007 at 10:38 AM.
    WARNING (Explicit Dialog)!!

  3. #303
    Discovered Stowaway Ivotas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    福岡

    Default Re: Chapter 448 - "Moria"

    Quote Originally Posted by freedom View Post
    But, aren't we kinda hoping that Brooke and the Old man will get their shadows back. When Cell took people's "energy", they were pretty much dead. I understand you are refering to the simple concept of taking shadows to enhance oneself, but I've been shying away from the theory that the shadow thief stores the shadows internally. Since this seems like a difficult way for the SHs to recover these stolen items if they're somehow stored internally by the user.
    I don´t see any reason how in a fictional story recovering shadows from someone who keeps them internally is a problem. Fact is the shadows can be returned, no matter if the shadow thief keeps them in- or externally. Oda will make it plausible within his fictional world.



  4. #304

    Default Re: Chapter 448 - "Moria"

    Maybe they should gather the dragonballs and wish for everything to be okay.

  5. #305
    Discovered Stowaway cdjgamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    section 8

    Default Re: Chapter 448 - "Moria"

    next chapter in 6 days
    =my theory for 449 (bouncer)- chapter title guess
    ussop and co meet the bouncer and brooke saves them. luffy and co learn more on moria and arrive at the mansion=

  6. #306
    just like new Impel Down's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    a,e,i,o, and the rest

    Default Re: Chapter 448 - "Moria"

    I think the chapter 'll start off with Moria's bounty displayed and Robin'll talk about him more, and Uso/Na/Cho will run into Hogback or Hildon.


  7. #307

    Default Re: Chapter 448 - "Moria"

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivotas View Post
    I don´t see any reason how in a fictional story recovering shadows from someone who keeps them internally is a problem. Fact is the shadows can be returned, no matter if the shadow thief keeps them in- or externally. Oda will make it plausible within his fictional world.
    Hell, even if he did store them internally, Oda could just state that punching the man in the gut makes him hack them up again.

    This is One Piece. Anything can happen.

  8. #308
    just like new Impel Down's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    a,e,i,o, and the rest

    Default Re: Chapter 448 - "Moria"

    Luffy slams him with Bazooka, the shadows fly out his pants.


  9. #309
    Discovered Stowaway Ivotas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    福岡

    Default Re: Chapter 448 - "Moria"

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyringohn View Post
    Hell, even if he did store them internally, Oda could just state that punching the man in the gut makes him hack them up again.

    This is One Piece. Anything can happen.
    Exactly what I meant. I really don´t consider the retreiving the shadows thing is an argument against keeping them internally. I mean it is already a fictional idea that somebody can steal shadow, so why should the way they got stored be less fantastic?



  10. #310
    Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA

    Default Re: Chapter 448 - "Moria"

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyringohn View Post
    This is One Piece. Anything can happen.
    Not just One Piece. You mean this is MANGA, anything can happen.

  11. #311
    Moderator Aokiji freedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Chandler, AZ

    Default Re: Chapter 448 - "Moria"

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivotas View Post
    Exactly what I meant. I really don´t consider the retreiving the shadows thing is an argument against keeping them internally. I mean it is already a fictional idea that somebody can steal shadow, so why should the way they got stored be less fantastic?
    good point. i guess it could be something similar to Gohan knocking #18 out of Perfect Cell.
    WARNING (Explicit Dialog)!!

  12. #312

    Default Re: Chapter 448 - "Moria"

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivotas View Post
    Exactly what I meant. I really don´t consider the retreiving the shadows thing is an argument against keeping them internally. I mean it is already a fictional idea that somebody can steal shadow, so why should the way they got stored be less fantastic?
    Because readers want every manga to have a rationale explanation for everything, i.e. Fullmetal Alchemist. Which is why you see debates of 'Ace vs. Aoikiji' [duels of perpetual energy], 'Blackbeard's Devil Fruit should be able to absorb the entire world', etc.

    Even though this is a realm where people eat cannons, flick exploding snot, and shapeshift into a giraffe.
    Last edited by Tsuchirinhon; March 16th, 2007 at 05:26 PM.

  13. #313

    Default Re: Chapter 448 - "Moria"

    whens 449 coming out?

  14. #314

    Default Re: Chapter 448 - "Moria"

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeBomb View Post
    whens 449 coming out?
    This Tues for the spoiler, I imagine, and Thursday/Fri for the main thing as usual. Just enjoy the anime until then.

    Meanwhile, I'd like to say that I don't think Gekko Moria will really resemble a Gekko like some people are suggesting. Donflamino only has pink feathers, and Crocodile has a hook similar to Captain Hook who was the enemy of a Crocodile. That and all his Crocodile decor.

    My guess is that, if Gekko follows the pattern, then he'll has one small resemblance to the animal in his name. Or, maybe he'll be an exception and be a Gekko-man. I'm just saying.

  15. #315
    The Alpha & The Omega - NeX -'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005

    Default Re: Chapter 448 - "Moria"

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeBomb View Post
    whens 449 coming out?

    QUOTE!
    Why 2 weex?

  16. #316

    Default Re: Chapter 448 - "Moria"

    Quote Originally Posted by - NeX - View Post
    QUOTE!
    Why 2 weex?
    Again, there's no chapter this week, this week right now that's currently ending. It happens sometimes.

    But, it'll be out after the weekend. You're waiting "1 week" not 2 weeks.

  17. #317
    just like new Impel Down's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    a,e,i,o, and the rest

    Default Re: Chapter 448 - "Moria"

    There's still the anime, so deal with it!


  18. #318

    Default Re: Chapter 448 - "Moria"

    Quote Originally Posted by onemoment View Post
    My guess is that, if Gekko follows the pattern, then he'll has one small resemblance to the animal in his name. Or, maybe he'll be an exception and be a Gekko-man. I'm just saying.
    Gecko would be pimp if he had giant gecko eyes and a wacky tongue. The Shichibukai needs some freaks in its ranks.

  19. #319
    just like new Impel Down's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    a,e,i,o, and the rest

    Default Re: Chapter 448 - "Moria"

    It's not like Crocodile looks anything like a Crocodile, so why should Moria look like a gecko?


  20. #320

    Default Re: Chapter 448 - "Moria"

    Quote Originally Posted by Impel Down View Post
    It's not like Crocodile looks anything like a Crocodile, so why should Moria look like a gecko?

    Actually some one did point out some similaritys between the looks of a crocodile and Crocodile. Like his scar looking like a row of croc teeth and his half open eyes like a croc.
    Proud supporter of Brook for Straw Hat Musician.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts