+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 448 - "Moria" Discussion

Default Re: Chapter 448 - "Moria"

Unless of course the concept is somehow inspired by Toriyama´s Cell who already got stronger with consuming peasants. Then the shadow stealing concept could actually be a way to enhance the shadow thief.

Quote Originally Posted by onemoment View Post
    I call it. I'm predicting that Gekko has light powers.
    Interesting guess, but I find it non-Oda-ish to have just recently introduced a Dark fruit and then to introduce a light fruit. More than likely, it'll be something completely unrelated like a weird paramecia that lets you blend into any environment like a chamelion and use the environment to attack! yeah! something like that!

how does that allow him to steal shadows... only oda knows ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Ivotas View Post
    Unless of course the concept is somehow inspired by Toriyama´s Cell who already got stronger with consuming peasants. Then the shadow stealing concept could actually be a way to enhance the shadow thief.
    But, aren't we kinda hoping that Brooke and the Old man will get their shadows back. When Cell took people's "energy", they were pretty much dead. I understand you are refering to the simple concept of taking shadows to enhance oneself, but I've been shying away from the theory that the shadow thief stores the shadows internally. Since this seems like a difficult way for the SHs to recover these stolen items if they're somehow stored internally by the user.
    Last edited by freedom; March 15th, 2007 at 10:38 AM.
    WARNING (Explicit Dialog)!!

Quote Originally Posted by freedom View Post
    But, aren't we kinda hoping that Brooke and the Old man will get their shadows back. When Cell took people's "energy", they were pretty much dead. I understand you are refering to the simple concept of taking shadows to enhance oneself, but I've been shying away from the theory that the shadow thief stores the shadows internally. Since this seems like a difficult way for the SHs to recover these stolen items if they're somehow stored internally by the user.
    I don´t see any reason how in a fictional story recovering shadows from someone who keeps them internally is a problem. Fact is the shadows can be returned, no matter if the shadow thief keeps them in- or externally. Oda will make it plausible within his fictional world.

Maybe they should gather the dragonballs and wish for everything to be okay.

next chapter in 6 days
    =my theory for 449 (bouncer)- chapter title guess
    ussop and co meet the bouncer and brooke saves them. luffy and co learn more on moria and arrive at the mansion=

I think the chapter 'll start off with Moria's bounty displayed and Robin'll talk about him more, and Uso/Na/Cho will run into Hogback or Hildon.

I don´t see any reason how in a fictional story recovering shadows from someone who keeps them internally is a problem. Fact is the shadows can be returned, no matter if the shadow thief keeps them in- or externally. Oda will make it plausible within his fictional world.
    Hell, even if he did store them internally, Oda could just state that punching the man in the gut makes him hack them up again.

This is One Piece. Anything can happen.

Luffy slams him with Bazooka, the shadows fly out his pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyringohn View Post
    Hell, even if he did store them internally, Oda could just state that punching the man in the gut makes him hack them up again.

Exactly what I meant. I really don´t consider the retreiving the shadows thing is an argument against keeping them internally. I mean it is already a fictional idea that somebody can steal shadow, so why should the way they got stored be less fantastic?

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by Cyringohn View Post
    Not just One Piece. You mean this is MANGA, anything can happen.

Exactly what I meant. I really don´t consider the retreiving the shadows thing is an argument against keeping them internally. I mean it is already a fictional idea that somebody can steal shadow, so why should the way they got stored be less fantastic?
    good point. i guess it could be something similar to Gohan knocking #18 out of Perfect Cell.
    WARNING (Explicit Dialog)!!

Because readers want every manga to have a rationale explanation for everything, i.e. Fullmetal Alchemist. Which is why you see debates of 'Ace vs. Aoikiji' [duels of perpetual energy], 'Blackbeard's Devil Fruit should be able to absorb the entire world', etc.

Even though this is a realm where people eat cannons, flick exploding snot, and shapeshift into a giraffe.
    Last edited by Tsuchirinhon; March 16th, 2007 at 05:26 PM.

whens 449 coming out?

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeBomb View Post
    whens 449 coming out?
    This Tues for the spoiler, I imagine, and Thursday/Fri for the main thing as usual. Just enjoy the anime until then.

Meanwhile, I'd like to say that I don't think Gekko Moria will really resemble a Gekko like some people are suggesting. Donflamino only has pink feathers, and Crocodile has a hook similar to Captain Hook who was the enemy of a Crocodile. That and all his Crocodile decor.

My guess is that, if Gekko follows the pattern, then he'll has one small resemblance to the animal in his name. Or, maybe he'll be an exception and be a Gekko-man. I'm just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeBomb View Post
    whens 449 coming out?

QUOTE!
    Why 2 weex?

Quote Originally Posted by - NeX - View Post
    QUOTE!
    Why 2 weex?
    Again, there's no chapter this week, this week right now that's currently ending. It happens sometimes.

But, it'll be out after the weekend. You're waiting "1 week" not 2 weeks.

There's still the anime, so deal with it!

Quote Originally Posted by onemoment View Post
    My guess is that, if Gekko follows the pattern, then he'll has one small resemblance to the animal in his name. Or, maybe he'll be an exception and be a Gekko-man. I'm just saying.
    Gecko would be pimp if he had giant gecko eyes and a wacky tongue. The Shichibukai needs some freaks in its ranks.

It's not like Crocodile looks anything like a Crocodile, so why should Moria look like a gecko?

Quote Originally Posted by Impel Down View Post
    It's not like Crocodile looks anything like a Crocodile, so why should Moria look like a gecko?

Actually some one did point out some similaritys between the looks of a crocodile and Crocodile. Like his scar looking like a row of croc teeth and his half open eyes like a croc.
    Proud supporter of Brook for Straw Hat Musician.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information