• This arc

607 70.75%
  • Later on

251 29.25%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 263 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Dressrosa Thread

Default Official Dressrosa Thread

as for me i think he will be defeated in the dressrosa arc for a few different reasons 1.doflamingo is along with mihawk one of the most overated and over wanked characters in the entire series( i remember a poster called him the unofficial 5th yonkou lol)2.ppl keep saying its too soon for luffy to defeat doflaming were over 700 chapters in the series its not too soon(i bet these guys wouldve been saying the same in the alabasta arc its too soon for luffy to defeat a warlord 3.if luffy cant defeat an opponent of doflamingos calibre how the hell is he gonna beat kaido he trained with the friggen first mate of the pirate for two years dont get me wrong it will b luffys hardest fight yet but he will win

all in all i still think doflamingo is a special chaarcter more important than the 1 arc only villians like hody or ceaser but hes been given his dues in the punk hazard arc hes been built up and hyped as the man behind the shadows pulling the strings sorta like croc was from whiskey peak to alabasta there are many more parrallels between doflas saga and crocs saga for example mr.5 and ms.valentine are vergo and monet other posters have pointed out that vergo and mr.5 were introduced in a similar style with a similiar coat and both of them even had there arms in the exact same position theres now way oda didnt do that on purpose i like how someone described crocs interactions with dofla in the war as odas way of having croc "pass the torch" to dofla so again i think dofla is muchmore important than the arc only villians we will learn more about the world gevernment about some of there secrets and history but he will have to be defeated in this arc in order for the story to progress imo

Default Re: When Will Doflamingo Be Defeated

When will this thread be closed is a better question.

Maybe they are rated that highly because they are that strong and powerful and you just don't like to accept the reality of things. :P Already forgotten Kuzans words and his encounter with Doffy?
    It would certainly seem a tad hard for him to win when we see Doflamingo fend of an ex-admiral like that and get to see how he plays with Trafalgar, but anything is possible, when Luffy had enough food to eat.
    The first mate of a pirate, wow that got to be some awesome pirate. j/k. Coby did train with the one person rivaling Gol, Garp, can he beat shichibukai now too?

It could be funny if Luffy really was able to force the Donquixote family back onto the wild seas again though.

I would be severely disappointed if Doflamingo wasn't defeated this arc.
    Been reading One Piece since 2002 - first release in Denmark.

Discovered Stowaway Monkey D. Law's Avatar

Definitely this arc. He loses to Luffy or Law, and then Kaido get's him.

History repeats itself: Somewhere Roger, Garp, and Whitebeard are smiling.

I'd say there's about a 50% chance of Doflamingo getting defeated in this arc. It all depends on how long this arc goes for IMO, it could happen if Oda makes the Dressrosa arc a Skypiea-length epic so around 60+ chapters, which would be ideal. If it's that long we could get Doflamingo's back story and defeat as well as resolutions to every other storyline going on in this arc.

Doflamingo is the Crocodile of the new world. If he's not defeated in Dressrosa, then he will definitely be defeated in the following arc.

Quote Originally Posted by TheXDrake View Post
    Doflamingo is the Crocodile of the new world. If he's not defeated in Dressrosa, then he will definitely be defeated in the following arc.
    I'm by no means an expert of One Piece, but I have to agree that Doflamango's role and inevitable fate in this arc reminds me strongly of Crocodile in Alabasta. By no means an end to Doflamingo's role in the overall story, but it seems very likely this Arc will be the end of his grand schemes.

My answer to this question is also what i love most about One Piece: (with Oda) I simply don't know. Sure i can see him being defeated in this Arc but i can also see the opposite happening too. Moreover, Luffy has now a goal and a plan: defeating Kaido (at least) unlike in paradise when they were merely just cruising around and beating the big baddy of the island. Though, it is still Luffy and he does everything but the plan so you can only wait and see.

Gotta be in this arc. The events might carry over to Zou, but if so, we won't get a whole new arc for that island.

People differentiating between 'one arc villains' and 'multi-arc villains' are being silly. Cp9 were dealt with in one arc. Enel is one of the biggest villains (their story and villainy-wise, not size-wise :p) in OP and he made his debut and was defeated within one arc.

Doflamingo's been around for a while, we've seen little hints about him for hundreds of chapters. PH was like a little prelude, but I think this arc will comfortable build up to us finding all about him and him getting beaten by Luffy.

As for levels of strength, it's irrelevant. Sure, Doflamingo may well be stronger than Luffy now, but it's damn well about time the SHs hit a wall they need to overcome. Dressrosa seems a perfect time for that.

Would be rly unsatisfying when the main villain of this arc wouldn`t be defeated.
    But like many already defeated characters he might have a role in the future storyline non the less.
    UnrevealedVegapunk/Ryokugyu/Loki/Rocks/Im-san
    IslandElbaf/Raftel/GodValley
    UnresolvedWeevil´s plan/Explaining DFs/Deal with Kuma-Bonney´s past/Joy-Boy/Zunisha´s story/Rocks flashback/Void Century/Rioponeglyph/Uranus/the D.clan
    DFWind/Metal/Wood/Acid/Liquid/Time-Stop

Kaido will kill him short after Dressrosa Arc and this will be the Introduction of the last Yonkou

It's pretty obvious that it's going to be this arc.

Unless he snatches Momonosuke and the Mera Mera and flees off to Wano Country, in an unexpected turn of events.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by Supernova122 View Post
    Cp9 were dealt with in one arc.
    That was not "one arc".

Water 7 is one of the best arcs in the entire series, whereas Enies Lobby is pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrystalShip View Post
    That was not "one arc".

Water 7 is one of the best arcs in the entire series, whereas Enies Lobby is pretty bad.
    The start and the end of an arc should not be considered separate because somebody finds one to be bad and another good. That's just silly :p Like if I said pre-Alubarna Alabasta was boring and Alubarna was really exciting, it is not a grounds to consider pre-Alubarna and Alubarna to be separate story arcs. Similarly Day 1 and Day 2 of Skypiea.

luffy will defeat him this arc but he will get away and will then get taken out for good by kaidou. would serve to show us how powerful he is and prepare us for the for the kaidou arc.

Will be this arc, or at least his hold over his underworld, kingdom, etc. will be gone by the end, which is effectively defeating him even if he isn't physically beat.

I don't know if Doflamingo is going to get taken out now but I'm sure that he's getting a beating from Luffy now.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by Supernova122 View Post
    The start and the end of an arc should not be considered separate because somebody finds one to be bad and another good. That's just silly :p
    What you are referring to is not an arc, it's an entire saga.

If that were "just an arc", it would be the longest arc in the history of One Piece, twice as long as Alabasta or Skypiea, which is ("coincidentally") about as long as the entire Baroque Works saga.

Quote Originally Posted by warismydestiny View Post
    as for me i think he will be defeated in the dressrosa arc for a few different reasons 1.doflamingo is along with mihawk one of the most overated and over wanked characters in the entire series( i remember a poster called him the unofficial 5th yonkou lol)2.ppl keep saying its too soon for luffy to defeat doflaming were over 700 chapters in the series its not too soon(i bet these guys wouldve been saying the same in the alabasta arc its too soon for luffy to defeat a warlord 3.if luffy cant defeat an opponent of doflamingos calibre how the hell is he gonna beat kaido he trained with the friggen first mate of the pirate for two years dont get me wrong it will b luffys hardest fight yet but he will win

all in all i still think doflamingo is a special chaarcter more important than the 1 arc only villians like hody or ceaser but hes been given his dues in the punk hazard arc hes been built up and hyped as the man behind the shadows pulling the strings sorta like croc was from whiskey peak to alabasta there are many more parrallels between doflas saga and crocs saga for example mr.5 and ms.valentine are vergo and monet other posters have pointed out that vergo and mr.5 were introduced in a similar style with a similiar coat and both of them even had there arms in the exact same position theres now way oda didnt do that on purpose i like how someone described crocs interactions with dofla in the war as odas way of having croc "pass the torch" to dofla so again i think dofla is muchmore important than the arc only villians we will learn more about the world gevernment about some of there secrets and history but he will have to be defeated in this arc in order for the story to progress imo
    You need to work on punctuation...
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information