+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Lupin the 3rd

Default Re: Lupin the 3rd

for some reason in the manga..Zenigata and Lupin look alike.
    <Avi Drawing Credit to PirateNeko
    My DeviantArt:http://mediafan658.deviantart.com/
    My FC is 3308-4620-6155

Actually, Mamo has 4 English dubs: one for Translatlantic flights from 1978, one by Streamline pictures from 1995, one by Manga UK from 1996, and one by Pioneer in 2003.

I've seen the '78 dub and the Streamline dub fully, but I just can't stomach the Pioneer dub of Mamo, especially when I compare it to the other two. The UK dub? I've never had the chance to see it, likely never will.

I should probably get back on that quick little Mamo dub comparison video I was planning for YouTube now. I think that's something people need to see.

I love the anime, I only saw what they aired on Adult Swim, though... and I haven't seen it in forever. I remember it being one of the first anime I got into, though.

Quote Originally Posted by JingWu View Post
    I should probably get back on that quick little Mamo dub comparison video I was planning for YouTube now. I think that's something people need to see.
    Yes... Because it's such a huge deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
    Celine Dion post in the MK thread. I wish I could neg you.

Is there a difference between the regular and special version of the Castle of Caglistro DVD's?
    My FC is 3308-4620-6155

dunno but since one of them is a special edition id imagine that there would have to be something on it that makes it special.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Shmeckie View Post
    Yes... Because it's such a huge deal...
    Well, I mean, the '78 dub is so obscure, I just wanted to give it a little bit more exposure. Not to mention I think I think it would be interesting to show a bit from all of the dubs in one video to give an idea of all of the various dubs' unique qualities.

No need to be so rude. Sheesh.
    Last edited by JingWu; February 26th, 2007 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bevin View Post
    I also really didn't care for Secret of the Twilight Gemini and that more recent one whose name escapes me, the one in Greece with the harmonics stuff. Yeeaaaah.
    That was Return of the Magician, which is the one I always always ALWAYS rant angrily about. It makes no damn sense, but I love the carnival intro and the villain.

Other than that, ARRRRGH. D:

Quote Originally Posted by Roz View Post
    That was Return of the Magician, which is the one I always always ALWAYS rant angrily about. It makes no damn sense, but I love the carnival intro and the villain.

Other than that, ARRRRGH. D:
    I only seen a AMV with that TV special, and the scene with Jigen and Lupin and the cliff seems like a suspenseful Part of the movie/tv special.
    My FC is 3308-4620-6155

Paical is indeed the man, but I hear "Return of the Magician" didn't go so well. Why is that, exactly? I've never seen it, so somebody fill me in here. What is it about "Return" that people just don't like?

my three main gripes with that OVA was firstly that godawful CG animation that felt so utterly out of place, and the horrible voice acting that sounded just like they were just bored outta their minds and reading the script, and that the story flow was terribly slow.

Granted, I haven't seen it for a while and I only watched it once, but I mainly recall wondering if I'd had a stroke toward the end because things just didn't make any sense. Frustrating and boring, is how I remember it.
    If you spoiler me, I will eat you with tater tots.

The problem with it is that it sucked after the first five minutes or so.

what a good lupin movie then?
    My FC is 3308-4620-6155

We are just that damn maji Dragon Warrior Steve's Avatar

Castle of Caliostro of course.

Dead Or Alive. The animation style looks a lot different from anything else (The character design of the main butch chick with the huge eyebrows kind of bugs me), but it's basically spectacular.

That and First Contact, although I'm not really sure if that's considered a movie or TV special or what. I just call all of the long Lupin things movies.

I also very much enjoyed Hemingway Papers and Alcatraz Connection, but I know not everyone is into those.

Quote Originally Posted by KaizokuFan22 View Post
    Is there a difference between the regular and special version of the Castle of Caglistro DVD's?
    Yes there is.

Original:

- Non-anamorphic, non-remastered
    - Stereo dub track and mono japanese track

Special Edition:

- Digitall remastered and anamorphic
    - 5.1 Surround English track and stereo japanese track
    - A few bonus features

Many, myself included, did not buy the special edition DVD because TMS sent Manga Entertainment an edited version of the gorgeous intro that utilizes stills with english credits plastered over them, thus getting rid of all of the wonderful animation and original credits. The intro is uncut and almost untouched except for the english title overlay on the original disc.

If that sort of thing doesn't bother you, you should pick up the new DVD since the old one is now out of print (I think.) and hard-to-find.

Yay, Lupin. I watched the dub on CN but I also have a DVD from the series, as well as Castle of Cagliostro and Crisis In Tokyo.

Funny thing about the jacket colors, when MonkeyPunch had a Comic-Con panel couple of years ago he explained that the reason for them was that in the manga, there was a limited number of colors on the prepress on at one point they could only use green and another time they could only use red.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Carter View Post
    I was mad the Hitler episode was never brought over.
    What? I could swear that I saw it on CN. Unless I'm thinking of something else.

Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible. - Frank Zappa

Yeah Cosmic, it was confirmed earlier in the thread that that episode was indeed translated under the title "Hell Toupee." As long as we're all thinking of the episode where Lupin steals "Hetler"'s toupee.

slight correction Roz mah boy he was actualy called Hutler,

anyhow if your looking for a good Lupin movie id warmly recommend Operation return the treasure, its not quite as good as first contact but its still awesome its just beautifuly animated with a nice story and has got some of the best villans and action scenes in the series history(particulary for Jigen) and theres still much of the zany fun(Zenigata in drag doing a can-can at Moulin rogue=pure win) the only really bad thing i found in this movie is that the end is a little over the top but thats all.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information