+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27

Thread: Lupin the 3rd

Default Re: Lupin the 3rd

Animation looks good.
    I was afraid for a second that they had replaced Zenigata.

Nice version of the theme there.

It will never stop being weird having Lupin's cast use cellphones and laptops though. Series has always had weird super science so them having actual modern normal tech shouldn't feel weird... but it does.

The opening for Lupin the 3rd, Part V is out.

Neat and stylized but I'm glad the actual show isn't in that style.

I agree with Robby on this one, cute opening but the style would be atrocious as a full animation.
    So when does it start, April is gonna be a busy month for premiers of shows I watch, gotta keep tab of them all.

Lupin the 3rd, Part V is starting tomorrow. And Crunchyroll is simulcasting the series.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...-anime/.129844

I found this.

Hidden:

Enjoyed the first episode, glad to see the art style is consistent with part 4.

As for the opening...eh? I mean props for doing something different, but it didn't really jump out at me. The ending is great.

Quote Originally Posted by KzTxL7 View Post
    I wasn't distracted by Lucy being half naked.

You won this week Fairy Tail.

The first episode of Lupin, Part 5 is really enjoyable in my opinion. I'm interest to see where the main storyline is heading towards.

Lurking since 2007... Nidhoeggr's Avatar

Can we talk about absolutely amazing blue jacket has been so far? Both the 2015 series and even moreso this entry are just a great amalgamation of everything Lupin and I believe there has rarely been a time where the franchise was this consistently good in terms of the writing.
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. - Sun Tzu, The Art Of War

Blue Jacket has been fun but Rebecca was... wait, I've been over this already.

But hopefully we ditch the incredibly Mary Sue "greatest musician/businesswoman/heiress/model, actress, and athlete wife of Lupin" this time. Rebecca was reeeeally out of place and awkward as a focus and reeeeeally badly in Mary Sue territory. (And when you're over-talented fanfic in a series with the world's best gunman, swordsman, most determined cop, and best thieves in the world, you've really shot past the mark.)

Also, the big villain in the previous series showed up super late and then had a reeeeally dissapointing finish. If you must do an arc, and have a big bad, rather than doing standalones... please handle that part better. Woulda worked as a movie villain (equivilent of 4 or 5 episodes) but for a full series run, not so much.
    Haven't watched the second season yet.

Second season is miles better than the first. Lupin Part V has had some of the strongest writing I've ever seen from an anime hands down, let alone from Lupin. The new girl is way better than Fujiko lite having an actual interesting personality, arc and a role she can fill that's important to the team
    Check out my tumblr for my thoughts on random movies and manga^^

http://lion-kun.tumblr.com/

That's good to hear. I did watch Part 4 on Toonami (first Lupin series I ever watched) and while I did enjoy it, I just felt kinda lukewarm about it, overall.

I didn't think Rebecca was that bad, even as one of those annoying people who tend to be fairly successful at everything they turn their hand to.

I'd probably rate Part 5 over Part 4 too, it just seemed better structured with it's little mini arcs.
    But it'll be interesting to see if the series ever goes anywhere with
    Spoiler:
    the idea that Lupin III himself has actually always been just another disguise
    or if it never gets mentioned again.

It's totally going to be option two isn't it?

It wouldn't be the first time that's come up. Red vs. Green heeeeeavily played with that idea. And kind of had a shit resolution because of it.

I'd forgotten about Red vs. Green.

Although the context was a bit different this time around, I think that's enough to put me off the idea.

Any franchise that's run for so many decades over so many hundreds of episodes and movies is going to repeat themes and ideas eventually, especially strong memorable iconic stuff from early on getting reiterated decades later.

The upside is it means that just because an idea was done badly once doesn't mean it wont be done well later.

Hopefully no more crossdressing nazis, timetravel, or space aliens though.

Wow just finished watching and what a ride, that was a magnificent season. I'm out of words.
    On the top brought up:
    Spoiler:
    Wasn't the deal if the real identity already alluded by Leblanc himself in the novels. At least from the one translated to pt, that was what I got. It's a thing that is meaningless in the characterization of him but can always be used and reused in creative ways, like Joker's backstory (probably not the best example, but the closest to it).

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information