+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Lupin the 3rd

Default Re: Lupin the 3rd

what was the name of Goemon sword?

and for the one looking for manga here is a link
    http://www.akadotretail.com/advanced...s=Lupin&page=1

what is the difference between the regular manga and the most wanted version?

Goemon's sword's name is Zantetsuken.

Also, if that link has all the manga it says it has, I may be a very happy person in the future.

The original series seems to be a little less focused on the entire cast and a little more focused on Lupin, Fujiko, and occasionally Zenigata, with loads of side characters. Most Wanted seems to be a little more like the anime because it really emphasizes the aspect of Lupin, Jigen, Goemon, and (sometimes) Fujiko working as a group.

Also, Most Wanted volumes tend to be lengthier than the regular series.

how is it that Jigen shoots about 5 or 6 rounds yet it ends up being about like 8 or 9 shots?

and has there been any pics or episodes with him not wearing the trademark fedora?just askin

I'm having a Lupin movie marathon tonight, so if I happen to catch Jigen without his hat, I'll try to remember to take a screenshot.

Quote Originally Posted by KaizokuFan22 View Post
    and has there been any pics or episodes with him not wearing the trademark fedora?just askin
    yup there has, i particularly remember a thing from season 2 in which someone steals his hat and Jigen get all of his game cause hes apperently always used his hats brim to help him aim weird stuff but thats why we love Lupin

and besides that time hes been seen without a hat plenty of times.

but back on topic Lupins awesome ive seen pretty much all that i can get my hands on and overall its all good stuff and this series is one of those rare rare ultra rare ones where i actualy enjoy the dub over the original speech cause the dub Zenigata & Lupin interaction just cracks me up everytime

also when the japanese Lupin VA passed away their version just lost a lot of its zest =/

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    yup there has, i particularly remember a thing from season 2 in which someone steals his hat and Jigen get all of his game cause hes apperently always used his hats brim to help him aim weird stuff but thats why we love Lupin

and besides that time hes been seen without a hat plenty of times.

but back on topic Lupins awesome ive seen pretty much all that i can get my hands on and overall its all good stuff and this series is one of those rare rare ultra rare ones where i actualy enjoy the dub over the original speech cause the dub Zenigata & Lupin interaction just cracks me up everytime

also when the japanese Lupin VA passed away their version just lost a lot of its zest =/
    did the VA play for all 3 Jacket series or was there a different VA for each series?

Also found there is a Live action Lupin the 3rd movie on DVD.
    anyone played the Lupin game for the PS2?

Also found there is a Live action Lupin the 3rd movie on DVD.
    I have that and watched it last night in my Lupin movie marathon. It's hilarous.

Think like... Austin Powers. That's pretty much what this is like.

We are just that damn maji Dragon Warrior Steve's Avatar

I wanna see that live action movie now.

So about the three dubs, what voices do you prefer for each character?

Reverse the polarity! Senshi Mizaka's Avatar

I thought the Funimation voices sounded weird at first, but they grew on me. Sonny Strait as Lupin really did it for me, since the Hughes voice is perfect for him. It's sort of annoying how Chris Sabat re-uses some of his voices, because his Jigen sounded too much like Piccolo at some points.
    Rappin' Chopper:

"Yo; I was a reindeer livin' out in 'da snow! But then this old geeza' doctor brought me into his home! After healin' my wounds, I felt real phat. Then, old docta' Hiruk gave me this blingin' hat! My family beat me, shunt me, but it's all tight. Because I'm doin' my doctor remedies all night. I look like freak with my Human Human fruit. But now I'm with some gangsta' pirates who like to steal loot! All the girls like my blue nose. Yeah; it's the way that I get the *Record scratching*. Usopp's the guy with all 'da glory. He's my main man with all his tight stories. Zolo's Santoryu skills are on ice. You betta' watch out, or you gonna get sliced! Sanji's the cook servin' up the main dish. Don't mess with him, unless that's your wish. Luffy's 'da captain with the straw hat! His Gum Gum skills are real real tight. Vivi's the princess of Alabasta. Now we gotta head there, and we betta' do it faster!"

why is it the goemon always says Yet another worthless object has been cut.(I think I typed this right)?

Lupin episode tonight at 1:30 Am is Buns,Guns,and fun in the sun.
    <Avi Drawing Credit to PirateNeko
    My DeviantArt:http://mediafan658.deviantart.com/
    My FC is 3308-4620-6155

A friend was told by another friend of ours that Adult Swim will be showing new episodes of Lupin, but I thought it was just reruns. Can anyone clarify this?

why is it the goemon always says Yet another worthless object has been cut.(I think I typed this right)?
    Goemon says that because he considers most, if not all inanimate objects a waste of his blade.

As for the dub question, I like the Funi voices for most of the main cast with the exception of Fujiko, although I haven't heard a dubbed Zenigata voice that I was particularly fond of.

Dubbed Goemon has a tendency to sound so boring. I don't know if that's what he's supposed to sound like or if it's just a weirdly consistent pattern among actors.

Overall though I tend to prefer Funi, although particularly in the case of Dead or Alive, the fact that they gave everyone ridiculous accents (Except the main characters) was incredibly annoying. It wouldn't even be so bad if everyone had consistent accents, but it was like one stereotypical nationality accent after another.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Lupin_III_episodes

EPisode list and next weeks episode will be skipped to Episode 4.
    Last edited by KaizokuFan22; February 17th, 2007 at 11:03 PM.
    My FC is 3308-4620-6155

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer AWB's Avatar

Wow, live Lupin. I never knew about that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVJN7Eg8ITs
    I'm sorry I couldn't find a copy that was less grany, but I love how they blended the animation in with live action. Plus Zenigata looks awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Pass the Rootbeer View Post
    Wow, live Lupin. I never knew about that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVJN7Eg8ITs
    I'm sorry I couldn't find a copy that was less grany, but I love how they blended the animation in with live action. Plus Zenigata looks awesome.
    Intresting commercial
    My FC is 3308-4620-6155

We are just that damn maji Dragon Warrior Steve's Avatar

That was...... awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Roz View Post
    although I haven't heard a dubbed Zenigata voice that I was particularly fond of.
    BLASPHEMY

Zenigatas VAs are consistantly great particularly the Pioneer dub Zenigata from for example Mystery of Mamo hes 1000% pure awesome and his banter with Lupin is what makes the english dub so majorly awesome.

I've only seen Secret of Mamo in Italian and Japanese with English subtitles.

I'm not terribly fond of that one, although there were a few choice extremely amusing moments. It reminded me of the episode from season 1 with the time machine, but much more serious and weird as hell.

By the way, what are the movies in those 5 movie sets that started coming out in January? I was looking all over them the other day and never found them, and I'd like to know exactly what they are before I go and order 5 movies that I already own.

If Tokyo Crisis is in there, I'm getting it regardless of what others I have or don't have already.

Quote Originally Posted by Roz View Post
    I've only seen Secret of Mamo in Italian and Japanese with English subtitles.

I'm not terribly fond of that one, although there were a few choice extremely amusing moments. It reminded me of the episode from season 1 with the time machine, but much more serious and weird as hell.

By the way, what are the movies in those 5 movie sets that started coming out in January? I was looking all over them the other day and never found them, and I'd like to know exactly what they are before I go and order 5 movies that I already own.

If Tokyo Crisis is in there, I'm getting it regardless of what others I have or don't have already.
    Movie set 1-5
    http://www.amazon.com/Lupin-3rd-1-5-...?ie=UTF8&s=dvd

Movie set 2 6-10
    http://www.amazon.com/Lupin-3rd-6-10...?ie=UTF8&s=dvd
    Hope this helps.

Has anyone played Lupin the 3rd and the treasure of the sorcerer king?
    My FC is 3308-4620-6155

Thanks for the linkage KF. I'm definitely getting the second set. :3

Unfortunately(?), the only Lupin game I've played was the really really old Lupin tile game for the Gameboy.

There's apparently a new Lupin game coming out at some point this year, and what I've seen of it is pretty gorgeous. Unfortunately, my PS2 is long dead. The promo art is not half bad looking either. (Linked for huge)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information