+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece FAQ [READ THIS FIRST] (Updated 25 November 2007)

Default One Piece FAQ [READ THIS FIRST] (Updated 25 November 2007)

If you have any questions, ask here instead of creating a new thread!

This section is split up as follows:
    • 1. "Where-to-Find"
      • 1.1. Anime
      • 1.2. Manga
      • 1.3. Music
      • 1.4. Lyrics
      • 1.5. Arts/Images
      • 1.6. Games
    • 2. FAQ
      • 2.1. Anime
      • 2.2. Manga
      • 2.3. Storyline
      • 2.4. Misc
    Try searching (ex. CTRL-F) for the titles for quick access.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    1.1. Anime
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1.2. Manga

For more information about which groups are subbing One Piece and to get the episodes ED2K links, try http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=69
    • Translations/Scripts:
    • Artbook:
    1.3. Music
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1.4. Lyrics
    1.5. Art/Images
    1.6. Games
    GBA ROMS/PS/PS2 ISO etc.: irc.rizon.net #kaizoku-fansubs K-F|Smoker Files list @ http://animemedia.org/smoker.txtCan't find what you are looking for? Google for it!

Thanks to those who found the links.

PM me if I missed out anything.

================================================== ====

Alright, here's a list of FAQs. Please reply with questions and answers that I have missed. If you have anything not listed, you can also reply here to ask for those questions that do not require a new thread (i.e. Who is xyz?)

NOTE: When suggesting a question, please try to help me answer it because I do not have the time to go around finding information for everything. Thank you.

2.1. Anime

Q. Where can I get [insert form of anime] One Piece Anime?
    A. Scroll up and read.

Q. What is K-F?
    A. K-F is short for kaizoku-fansubs. It is a group that brings us excellent One Piece subs. Website @ http://www.kaizoku-fansubs.com/

Q. How far is the anime up to in relation to the manga?
    A. As of now, the anime is in the middle of a filler arc. Afterwards, we're expecting Thriller Bark.

Q. When is a new K-F release coming out?
    A. It will be released when it is released. They are doing this in their own free time and are not obliged to release it as and whenever you ask. They also prefer quality over quantity.

Q. Why is K-F so slow?
    A. They started subbing when around 100 episodes of One Piece has already aired. Thus, they will need time to catchup with the anime.

Q. Where can I get subs of the latest episodes?
    A. Look above this.

Q. Where can I find the song [insert song name]?
    A. http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=110

Q. Is the anime licensed in America?
    A. Yes. Episodes 1-143 were initially done by 4Kids Entertainment (which became 104 episodes in total), and currently Episodes 144 onwards is being done by FUNimation. Details are found in the FUNimation FAQ.

Q. What are the openings/endings?
    A. More info at http://arlongpark.net/Anime/OpEd

Q. When does OP air in Japan?
    A. Sunday, at 7 pm GMT+9

Q. How many movies are they and what are they called/about?Q. Where can I find more info (ie episode previews, ratings) for the anime?
    A. This thread. Scroll down

Q. Where can I find comparison guides between the original anime and the dub?
    A. http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=2419

Q. I absolutely hate the dub! How can I help?
    A. http://www.saveonepiece.com/

2.2. Manga

Q. Where can I find scanlations?
    A. Look above this.

Q. Is the manga licensed?
    A. Yes, by Viz.

Q. When is the raw coming out?
    A. One Piece serializes weekly in Shounen Jump, we will post it in the Manga forum when we find scans of it.

Q. Which volume does chapter X belongs to?
    A. http://www.arlongpark.net/Manga/Volumes

2.3. Storyline (Beware of spoilers)
    Newbie FAQ Guide

Q. What is the name of this xyz minor character that appeared in chapter whatever?
    A. Check out this thread or the Red/Blue Data book.

Q. Which crewmembers have bounties?
    • Luffy - 300 million (prev: 100 million, 30 million)
    • Zoro - 120 million (prev: 60 million)
    • Nami - 16 million
    • SogeKing - 30 million
    • Sanji - 77 million
    • Chopper - 5
    • Robin - 80 million (prev: 79 million)
    • Franky - 44 million
    For bounties of other pirates, refer to the characters list (or the soon-to-be-updated page at Arlong Park.

Q. Who are the Shichibukai?
    • Hawk-Eye Mihawk
    • Jinbei
    • Crocodile
    • Donquixote Doflamingo
    • Bartholomew Kuma
    • Gecko Moria
    • ???
    Blackbeard is currently a candidate to replace Crocodile.

Q. Who is Dragon?
    A. Dragon is the most wanted man in the world for being the leader of the revolutionary which opposes the World Government. He first appeared in Loguetown, summoning a mysterious gust of wind to save Luffy when he was about to get captured by Smoker.

Spoiler:
    He is also revealed to be called Monkey D. Dragon - Luffy's father.

Alternatively, search for "Dragon" in the forums and you'll get multiple threads on it.

Q. What are the differences between the manga and the anime?
    A. http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=1762
    More info can be found at the main site.

2.4. Misc.

Q. IT's ZOLO not ZORO (or vice-versa)!
    A. This is not a question, so I shall not answer it.
    Last edited by Cinder; November 25th, 2007 at 03:09 PM.

Default FAQ for getting K-F's releases

How do I download and watch K-F's releases?

1 - Download the file
    Software needed
    • If you are planning on downloading from bittorrent, you would need a bittorrent client. I would suggest Bitcomet or Azureus

For an FAQ on Bittorrent, head over to http://dessent.net/btfaq/
    • If you are planning on downloading from IRC, you would need an IRC Client. I recomment MIRC (shareware)
    • Some patience
    Downloading from IRCDownloading from Bittorrent
    1. First, get the torrents (.torrent files) of the episode you want from K-F.

From now on, I am going to assume that you are using Bitcomet.
    2. Open up the torrent, you should be seeing something like this:

3. When all is done, you should see the download in your main window. All you need now is patience. For more options, refer to your torrent program documentation.

Tip: If you are experiencing very slow speed even after a prolonged period of time, it is possible that your ISP is doing Traffic Shaping (in other words, filtering Bittorrent traffic). You could workaround this by turning on encryption in your bittorrent clients. Currently, Azureus, Bitcomet and µTorrent support a common encryption. Find out how to turn this option on in your respective clients. This feature would only be useful if everyone turns it on.

Watching the Episode
    Software needed
    • Codecs:

You will need codecs to view the episode. K-F episodes are encoded in XVID format. The best decoder out there is ffdshow.

Alternatively, you can get the Compack which is a combination of some useful filters. This will allow you to play not only K-F's releases, but also many others inculding DVD-Encodes.
    • Player:

Windows Media player will do but I recommend VLC Player or Media Player Classic (no installation needed)
    I guess I do not need to tell you how to open the files in your players right?

So that ends it, reply with any questions. Once those are answered, I will delete them.
    Last edited by StrawHatLuffy; November 25th, 2006 at 01:42 AM.

Default Troubleshooting Video Problems

Troubleshooting video problems
    1. Do you have the neccessary codecs?
      If you are constantly getting errors like "The codecs needed to play this video are missing etc.", you will need the correct codecs. Make sure you have installed XVID codecs (that's what K-F uses for episodes before 162), X264 codecs (that's what they use for newer releases) and the MP3 decoder (that's what they use for audio).

ffdshow or Compack will do. When installing, BE SURE TO ENABLE X264 codecs! More information avaliable on their news post.

Latest Version of ffdshow at time of post: K-F's Mirror Mirror 2

If it still doesn't work, you might have some conflicting codecs. You will need to set ffdshow the default decoder:
      1. Go to the Start Menu -> Programs -> ffdshow -> Configuration
      2. Make sure these are set to libavcodec

If you want, you can set the Meri to the highest by sliding the slider at the bottom of the screen all the way to the right.
      3. There generally shouldn't be any problems with the audio, but if you do, open up Audio Configuration instead of Configuration and configure it the same way as the video. Do note that ffdshow does not have its own decoder for MP3 and you generally should have mp3lib installed.
    2. Is your PC too slow to support the video?
      1. Get Media Player Classic.
      2. Next open up the program and go to View -> Information and make sure it is checked.
      3. Open up a video file and play it. Check out the numbers at the bottom of the screen.

The second reading should stay at zero. If it doesn't, it can mean that your PC is too slow to play the video or the decoder isn't doing its job well. In this case, you should upgrade your computer. The new codec that K-F uses is much more difficult to decode.
    3. Conflicting codecs?
      In this case, you will have to remove every codec you have installed. This includes all those codec packs etc. After you are done, install ffdshow again or the alternate compack.
    4. You might as well make a thread and ask for help now ^^ If I have any more steps, I will update this post,
    NOTE: I do not claim to be some tech wiz, these are just some ways of troubleshooting.
    Last edited by StrawHatLuffy; April 15th, 2006 at 02:16 AM.

Here's a good basic question-- what's the typical size download for a chapter of the (scanlated) manga. I notice the screenshots seem to imply the fansubbed episodes are 150-250Mb, which clearly puts them out of reach of the audience with 56k or slower connections

KatanaJon

I am linking to this because it took some time to write, and I refuse to let it go unnoticed.

OP Import Guide

Originally posted by Bounty1Berry@Jun 13 2005, 11:59 AM
    Here's a good basic question-- what's the typical size download for a chapter of the (scanlated) manga. I notice the screenshots seem to imply the fansubbed episodes are 150-250Mb, which clearly puts them out of reach of the audience with 56k or slower connections
    [snapback]69167[/snapback]
    Usually one chapter is around 5MB. It depends though. I think Jump chapter should be less than that. (30 pages - 5~6MB, 40 pages - 7MB, that I know.)

For Episodes 1-70, K-F releases are usually below 200 MB. But from EP 71 onwards, the quality has been increased and you can see the increase in quality.
    yo strawhatluffy i was wondering if u can b kind enough to tell me where to get 148-219 and 232-235 other than that cheap xeno hk it sux big time + they only have till 80 smthg and the osi-fansubs link isnt working please um stuck at the latest release of k-f which is turtle speed
    Nope,I don't know any way to find those other than the HK subs. Well, actually K-F's subs aren't that slow. Considering the quality they bring us, they are fast compared to many other groups.

i have a question when watching kf episodes on windows media player or winamp does the quailty still turn out the same as if i downloaded ffdshow?

Quote Originally Posted by mr.allsunday
    Nice job jumping on the bandwagon there Aethos, I can only wish I was as cool as you

Originally posted by warp@Jun 28 2005, 02:45 AM
    i have a question when watching kf episodes on windows media player or winamp does the quailty still turn out the same as if i downloaded ffdshow?
    [snapback]78311[/snapback]
    There won't be any changes, unless the decoder you are using now is terrible, then getting ffdshow - which is a better decoder - will make it a bit better.

Basically when the video is bad, it's the video's fault, not the decoder's.

sksk

i'm looking for the scan of this book "One Piece Red Grand Characters" . couldn't find it #null , so i'm wondering if this book was ever scanlatted?

any website with character database based on this book too would be fine too. i'm curious into the official character stats. please help :)

Originally posted by sksk@Jul 9 2005, 02:30 PM
    i'm looking for the scan of this book "One Piece Red Grand Characters" . couldn't find it #null , so i'm wondering if this book was ever scanlatted?

any website with character database based on this book too would be fine too. i'm curious into the official character stats. please help :)
    [snapback]85746[/snapback]
    Up till now, I have yet to see any scanlations of that book. Well, if time permits and ocean approves, we might do it :lol: but it's gonna be a huge project.

For some reason when I open up ffdshow's configuration, I get a completely different window without any of those options. It's not working, either.

can u view one piece kf and gerusama on windows midea player.

Nice job jumping on the bandwagon there Aethos, I can only wish I was as cool as you

Yes, but not recommended.

Originally posted by StrawHatLuffy@Jul 18 2005, 01:52 AM
    Yes, but not recommended.
    [snapback]91320[/snapback]
    y

Limited functions + poor support of many video and audio features aka Dual audio and subtitles etc. I can go on.

What do your recommend then? Personally IĀ“ve always watched my episodes with Real Player and never had any problems with it.

Right now it's probably easiest to go with vlc.. it has all the necessary codecs built in, so you don't need to screw around with that.
    One Piece Recaps
    576 577 578 579+580 581 582-584: part 1 part 2
    585-587
    Formerly known as JackVance

Originally posted by StrawHatLuffy@Jul 20 2005, 05:26 AM
    Limited functions + poor support of many video and audio features aka Dual audio and subtitles etc. I can go on.
    [snapback]92815[/snapback]
    how about winamp. would that work.

Erm Winamp is as good as Windows Media Player for playing video IMO. It will work if you do not want advanced features thougbh.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information