+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 45 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Who here is thinking of writing a manga series?

Default Who here is thinking of writing a manga series?

Recently, I have been reading many kinds of mangas, and for some reason, I feel like writing my own manga series not so soon from now. I already have a good idea of one, but to make sure I dont do it wrong, do anyone here know any website that helps you to write a manga? Plus, do any of you started, or want to start your own manga?

Discovered Stowaway

Default Re: Who here is thinking of writing a manga series?

There is an application that allows you to mainly create your own manga, and I can not remember the name of the application to save my life.

Anyways, it is set up like photoshop almost and allows you to draw and edit characters, panels, etc.

The cost is around the same price of photoshop sadly, and I have been unable to find a download for it. Well virus free download.

[edit: the name of the application is Manga Studio 3.0 and here is the link to research more information about the application]
    ---now accepting applications for crew membership---
    ---send Mr. Death a private message for information---

Ah, me and Crimsondreamer are planning on getting Manga Studio, since we are thinking of drawing our own mangas.

I've been putting mine off for about a year or so, but now that I'm almost out of school, I can start on it!

Actually, I dont want to do the part with the drawing (more likely, I want to hire someone to do the drawings), I'll be doing the writing part

I've always wanted to write serial fiction, and if I learn to draw I'd love to do a comic serial.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Carter View Post
    Good thing that everytime I'm afraid I'll have the will to live I can browse Arlong Park have it utterly eliminated

I might...I have always had a couple of ideas. I am just trying on finishing my one shot which seems unlikely at the moment X-x.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.allsunday
    Nice job jumping on the bandwagon there Aethos, I can only wish I was as cool as you

I've developed a story, started it when I was 11, I'm now 16, just waiting to get more experience to do it. Its my dream.

But of course, I'm american so hence it will be a Comic.

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Buuhan1 View Post
    Or like me, a movie script, or scripts as I already have sequels planned.
    ---now accepting applications for crew membership---
    ---send Mr. Death a private message for information---

Ahem.. Yes I will write my own manga. My sister and I are working on it. She will provide the plotline and most of the script, and I will draw it. Of course, we will both work on everything. We should get started around Christmas break.

Also, I'm opposed to "drawing" manga on the computer. (I'm not really sure why, I just don't like it for some reason.) Hand-drawn is the way to go!

I want to know another thing. Most of the time, how much pages are there in one chapte (I know One Piece is mostly about 20-25 pages, but maybe some other examples)?

Reverse the polarity! Senshi Mizaka's Avatar

I've written a few chapters in my manga-inspired stories. But, I'm just not feeling motivated. It's turning out too much like a typical shonen series, and I borrowed most of my ideas and characters from One Piece.
    Rappin' Chopper:

"Yo; I was a reindeer livin' out in 'da snow! But then this old geeza' doctor brought me into his home! After healin' my wounds, I felt real phat. Then, old docta' Hiruk gave me this blingin' hat! My family beat me, shunt me, but it's all tight. Because I'm doin' my doctor remedies all night. I look like freak with my Human Human fruit. But now I'm with some gangsta' pirates who like to steal loot! All the girls like my blue nose. Yeah; it's the way that I get the *Record scratching*. Usopp's the guy with all 'da glory. He's my main man with all his tight stories. Zolo's Santoryu skills are on ice. You betta' watch out, or you gonna get sliced! Sanji's the cook servin' up the main dish. Don't mess with him, unless that's your wish. Luffy's 'da captain with the straw hat! His Gum Gum skills are real real tight. Vivi's the princess of Alabasta. Now we gotta head there, and we betta' do it faster!"

Most of the manga I read have chapters form about 15-20 pages, but that might be a little short or long. It depends mostly on the author/manga-ka.

Quote Originally Posted by Buuhan1 View Post
    I've developed a story, started it when I was 11, I'm now 16, just waiting to get more experience to do it. Its my dream.

Americans can make manga. Just because it came from japan doesn't mean it can't be manga. Hell pizza came from italy and I dont see people bitching on how we shouldnt eat pizza because of it. If we didnt use other things from countries America would be fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.allsunday
    Nice job jumping on the bandwagon there Aethos, I can only wish I was as cool as you

Quote Originally Posted by warp View Post
    Americans can make manga. Just because it came from japan doesn't mean it can't be manga. Hell pizza came from italy and I dont see people bitching on how we shouldnt eat pizza because of it. If we didnt use other things from countries America would be fucked.
    ...........that has nothing to do with rather something is comic or something is manga. And besides, manga is japanese for comic, so rather you like it or not, you're calling it the same thing just in a different language. It doesn't change a thing.

Just can't take it anymore RomanGod's Avatar

Ahh, yes. I am making my own series actually and would like to take it much farther. But right now I just do it for fun and to increase my skills. Here's a sample from a page...

I currentlly have 43 issues (or chapters) done.
    Everything was all for nothing

I've had lots of ideas I've written down, but my writing style is terrible, and my artistic skills are worst so I let it jumble and fill my head where my edumacation is supposed to be going.

I'm preparing to start a comic about a year from now.

Treasure Cruise ID: 785,854,335
    LS Zoro looking 4 Vivis

I always have intresting ideas I think, but I can never put them into use.

My first idea, which was discussed in a thread awhile ago, was about Mutants and their emergances into the public. I wrote a draft, and it sucked. I couldnt think of a way to start the comic off.

Next I wrote a few chapters about a man who's destined to destroy the world, and he found out through a dream. He thinks its his job to save the world, but he's really just going further along toward destroying the world. That turned out ok, but I couldnt think of any good side characters.

Now I'm jotting down a few ideas about a world at war, divided by 2 countries, where one country has developed super powered soldiers, all given a cloud theme, the main character, Kumo, can change into a cloud form, and use cloud based techniques. Kumo is leading a rebellion against the country who created him, since he was abandoned by the government when the gov't made an even better soldier. Kumo is now traveling the globe, trying to find others to help with the rebellion, and take over his country.

Too bad I can't draw anyways, my ideas never go anywhere.

I have a kick-ass idea for a manga series, but I am incapable of drawing.

I have many many good ideas, but I'm incapible of putting them into a coherent plot. Most of my ideas are about good fights, powers, and character development. Developing a good story is the part I'm stuck on.

Brawl FC: 3823 8204 8139

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information