+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Who here is thinking of writing a manga series?

Default Re: Who here is thinking of writing a manga series?

Put a indian in there! the Indians in Priest Kicked fucking ass!

Yeah, I think if I ever do one of the comics I'm doing, the main lover character will be black.

Reverse the polarity! Senshi Mizaka's Avatar

Most of my characters are alot like the ones in One Piece, and have the same backstories as well. They're the same shounen archtypes, but with my own unique touch.

-Jakobi: The clueless, benevolent protagonist who's always looking for an adventure
    -Fumiya: A misunderstood and feared bounty hunter who weilds two rods. He swore to someone close to him that he would become the best fighter.
    -Kaori: A young theif who finds every opportunity for money
    ?????? (Haven't come up with a name yet): A really stupid swordswoman.
    -Funuke: A cowardly inventor who talks big, but has nothing to back his words up. He joins the group to prove himself
    -???????: A half fox, half human who was alone and neglected his entire life untill he was taken in by a doctor.
    Rappin' Chopper:

"Yo; I was a reindeer livin' out in 'da snow! But then this old geeza' doctor brought me into his home! After healin' my wounds, I felt real phat. Then, old docta' Hiruk gave me this blingin' hat! My family beat me, shunt me, but it's all tight. Because I'm doin' my doctor remedies all night. I look like freak with my Human Human fruit. But now I'm with some gangsta' pirates who like to steal loot! All the girls like my blue nose. Yeah; it's the way that I get the *Record scratching*. Usopp's the guy with all 'da glory. He's my main man with all his tight stories. Zolo's Santoryu skills are on ice. You betta' watch out, or you gonna get sliced! Sanji's the cook servin' up the main dish. Don't mess with him, unless that's your wish. Luffy's 'da captain with the straw hat! His Gum Gum skills are real real tight. Vivi's the princess of Alabasta. Now we gotta head there, and we betta' do it faster!"

I have a story I am writing, and I am more of aiming to try and get it published into a book. I mean my real wish is too put it into manga form, but unfortunately it is impossible because I am not Japanese.

EDIT: And for the record, I have written about 3+ novels/short stories. All of which I hope to send to a publisher when after I get out of college.

I wasn't aware you had to be Japanese to do a 'manga'. Thats rather silly, Manga is the name of a certain Artstyle to comicing, but it is also just a name for Comic book that comes out of japan.

you silly person, you can do comic books if you want to, its not like 'American' comics have anything amazing about them, that you have to do because your not japanese.

Quote Originally Posted by Senshi Mizaka View Post
    Most of my characters are alot like the ones in One Piece, and have the same backstories as well. They're the same shounen archtypes, but with my own unique touch.

-Jakobi: The clueless, benevolent protagonist who's always looking for an adventure
    -Fumiya: A misunderstood and feared bounty hunter who weilds two rods. He swore to someone close to him that he would become the best fighter.
    -Kaori: A young theif who finds every opportunity for money
    ?????? (Haven't come up with a name yet): A really stupid swordswoman.
    -Funuke: A cowardly inventor who talks big, but has nothing to back his words up. He joins the group to prove himself
    -???????: A half fox, half human who was alone and neglected his entire life untill he was taken in by a doctor.
    Wow that is really similar to OP. Are they pirates too? Or something more unique?

Here is my main character lists.

Kumo: A young kid with amnesia, who only remembers waking up in a laboratory with the ability to shift into the air. Uses the clouds as his weapon.

Grantz: A tall black guy, reveals the history of how Kumo got his powers. Grantz and Kumo break out of the lab together. Grantz has super strength. Grantz is a solemn, intelligent man, who rarely shows a silly face. Eventually, Grantz gains the powerup to control his energy flow throughout his body and turn it into energy bombs.

Naela: Another experiment, with the ability to change the planet's lifeforce into physical weapons. This lifeforce is what gives all the experiments their powers. She has split personalities, one thats really calm and cool, which tends to use simple, swift weapons, and the evil berserk personality which pulls out the rocket launchers and machine guns.

Senshiro The Fist, another experiment to join the group. He fled the Sky Country [ppl doing the experiments] when he destroyed the Fortress, Leocancer. Until now, he had worked alone to defeat the Sky Country, but when seeing Kumo's groups power, he joined them. An extremly wanted man. His powers change the size of his fists, and can become as large as a wrecking ball.

Alycia, the 5th of the group. She is an ex Sky Country soldier, who knows all the secrets of the lifeforce, and reveals to the group a secret about the Sky Country, which begins the main story of the comic. She knows simple martial arts.

Jack The Cannonball. The final experiment and group member. Jack can create Cannonballs out of thin air and launch them as if he was a cannon. Marish was previously a Sky Country athlete, before abducted by the sky country to become an experiment. Eventually Jack changes his entire arm into a cannon and launches explosion volleys from it. Alycia teaches him how to manipulate Fire and Metal.

Another hard time I have is coming up with names. And my villians are somewhat steriothypical shonen villians.

Wow, all of your chars really are unique but still typical of shounen. Since I'm not so creative I didn't want to try things like that.. Plus I only have like 3 chars, and no backround. =X
    The only one I fully developed is the main one. A 16YO boy who gets into accident, and then into coma for half a year. His parents abandoned him after he got into coma, and when he wakes up he discovers [in a scientific way] that his body is now incapable of making organic material [that's the English for it? That stuff plants make from unorganic stuff] into enegy, and that he needs to suck it from other humans with the same blood type. I wanted to develop a good backround about it, but there is no way to make people like him since he really is alone on that part. When he goes back to the school as another person, he discovers that everyone hated him and wished him to die. He wants to start his life again, so he gets into the world of martial arts, cheating with his control over his energy. I want to invent a new kind of martial arts though, since I want to have full control over rules and stuff.
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoticShapeshifter View Post
    I wasn't aware you had to be Japanese to do a 'manga'. Thats rather silly, Manga is the name of a certain Artstyle to comicing, but it is also just a name for Comic book that comes out of japan.

An art style? I beg to differ.
    I mean jeez, what is this forum for?

Um, for One Piece. What did you think?

Basically, mine is about the fact that certain humans all over the world have jewelry that gives them some sort of power and there are three special necklaces all over the world that have more power than any of them. The main charecter manages to find one and it ends up being compatable with him and he and others try to stop other sides who want the other necklaces to enact a final war of Jagged, Jagged being the name of the energy coming from the necklaces. It's pretty cool.

My "manga" is called IX (9). [building on my characters above]

Kumo was a boy who grew up in The Sky Country of Aerobis Fraham, or The AF Republic. Growing up, his father, who was a higher up in the AF Army. Kumo grew through a great war between The Sky Country and Geograma, the Earth Country.

The Sky Country was similar to our world as it is today, its a group of hovering cities, towns and continents. The Earth Country is on the planet's surface, and lacks the technology to defeat the Sky, but can still hold them off.

Kumo wished to become a great Sky Captain like his father, and grew up hating the Earth Country. The Earth Country would later attack the "sky island" where Kumo lived. Luckily his father showed up, and defended the city. However, the Earth Countries objective lied in Kumo. Kumo was 1 of 11 chosen few that were born with the planet's energy source (called Vie) embedded in them. The Earth Country wished to harness his power, and his father was given the order to betray his son and give him to the Earth Country. Betrayed by his country, the Earth began experimenting on him. The Earth reprogrammed him brain, and he became one of the 11 Experiments. However, something went incredibly wrong, and the Earth were forced to shut him down.

2 years later, Kumo awakens in a dark gloomy laboratory, filled with amnesia and knowledge of what had happened to him. Kumo regains his memories along the way, and the motive of revenge begins to fill him more and more, wishing to destroy both the Earth Country and the Sky Country.

Mobionus

I have a story, but i only did one chapter so far. Its caled India-Gear and its kind of a future fantasy manga. The characters for it are:

Gauge is a male top rank buster racer and a pretty good fighter. Hes known to be pretty flamboyant; jumping at the chance for a challenge, and usually drives his bunkmate, Gadget, Creasy.

Gadget is a strategist and the best female mechanic out there, but she is known to act like a spoiled princess some times. Shes very kind to everyone she meets until Gauge gets on her nerves by making fun of her looks.

Lalita is a young female Indian who has emotional powers. Being very shy, she hardly speaks to anyone, and stays very close to gadget. Lalita sees gadget as a mother figure.

Thats just the lead characters. I'll show chapter one if anyones interested.

Okay, I've finally inserted a Israeli guy, but I can't come up with a good name. Can anyone think of a good Israeli name for a guy? And do not put Jesus.

The title of my story is Paradise Dreamers.

Jakobi was a young boy who lived a peaceful life, untill he found a pair of white gloves and boots hidden in his father's basement when he was 10. After his two friends, Eiji and Takako try them on, they don't come off. But after Jakobi realises that him and his father were the only ones who could take them off, he becomes even more curious about them. Three years pass, and Jakobi tries them on for the first time. But then, he finds himself at gunpoint. After taking on an armed criminal with only his hands, Jakobi discovers that they give him super strength. It's no happy ending for Jakobi after beating him, though. He threatens to take away everything Jakobi holds dear unless he leaves him home town and never returns. Now, Jakobi is riding the rails, in search of Paradise, the land of dreams.
    Rappin' Chopper:

"Yo; I was a reindeer livin' out in 'da snow! But then this old geeza' doctor brought me into his home! After healin' my wounds, I felt real phat. Then, old docta' Hiruk gave me this blingin' hat! My family beat me, shunt me, but it's all tight. Because I'm doin' my doctor remedies all night. I look like freak with my Human Human fruit. But now I'm with some gangsta' pirates who like to steal loot! All the girls like my blue nose. Yeah; it's the way that I get the *Record scratching*. Usopp's the guy with all 'da glory. He's my main man with all his tight stories. Zolo's Santoryu skills are on ice. You betta' watch out, or you gonna get sliced! Sanji's the cook servin' up the main dish. Don't mess with him, unless that's your wish. Luffy's 'da captain with the straw hat! His Gum Gum skills are real real tight. Vivi's the princess of Alabasta. Now we gotta head there, and we betta' do it faster!"

Quote Originally Posted by Impel Down View Post
    Okay, I've finally inserted a Israeli guy, but I can't come up with a good name. Can anyone think of a good Israeli name for a guy? And do not put Jesus.
    Usually for names, you go with something that means something that has to do with the character.

For me, my main characters name is Kumo, which translates to Cloud. He has powers over the clouds, so Kumo is appropriate.

Abel T. Grantz, is just a name I thought sounded cool. However, Abel finds out about his brother, who happens to be named Cain [biblical stuff].

Senshiro is a reference to Kenshiro from North Star, since his fighting style and apperance is a direct inspiration from Kenshiro

Alycia is my girlfriend's name. Yeah I'm corny like that.

Jack, is inspired from Jack Sparrow, with the flamboyant attitude, and pirate references.

Naela is was inspired by Noitora and Zaela-Polo from Bleach. Combination of their names, and bam. Naela.

I have a list of names saved into my comp, that translate from different languages into different things in english. Foreign names for characters usually makes it sound cooler imo. Just google "hebrew name for" and put in what your character represents, and you have a win.

I don't really do translations for a lot of my chars. I just named my main char after me, others after people I know, and the rest either sounded cool or just fit. Like one villian I have I named Dante because it sounds hellish and murderish and he sold his soul to the Grim Reaper to gain immortality and loves to kill and spread fear. There's a vampire-style villian too, I'll probably name him Vlad.

On another note, the "anti experiment group" or basically the comics main villains is named the LaVey family. Named after the founder of Satanism, they follow the 7 deadly sins. The way they are named, their last name becomes the initial "L" while they are branded with an animal name. They all were born with Life force in their blood, and swear their allegiance to the Sky Country.

Stephan L. Lion, The Wrath. He has the power of super speed, and control over his long mane of hair [lol bobo and kumadori]. Lion also wields the spear, Dante's Inferno, which uses the power of fire.

Lucifer L. Dragon, The Pride. A skilled swordsman, and control over blood.

Morgan L. Hyena, The Greed. His laughter causes super sonic sounds, that hurt the opponents ears. Also, his glares [sharingan] causes illusions, and pain. Terrible at fighting, more of a tactician.

Barthus L. Sloth, The... Sloth? lol. Super Strength, but has narcolepsy. When his opponents wail on him while asleep, he wakes up and reflects the blows 10 fold.

Aron L. Swan, The Lust. A homosexual who has been possesed by an Incubi. The Incubi attacks in the form of a shadow, and cannot be hit. The only way to kill the Incubi, is to kill Swan.

Bram L. Bear, The Glutton. Eats things, turns them into weapons. Swallows humans whole and takes their powers. Spits acid.

Larsa L. Tiger, The Envy. Commands the Leviathan, a large serpeant like monster. Captain of the ship, The Excommunicated. "Commander" of all the LaVeys, but the weakest of them all.

Sort of the idea is similar to the whole will of the D. concept, but I like it. Mostly inspired by One Piece [D Family/Shichibukai] and D.Gray Man[Noah Family] A few other characters in my manga, include Davy Jones, a guy who can control water, a ninja who can turn into shadows, and a guy who uses shields as his weapons.

For the Israeli name, you want a modern one or ancient one? I'm one myself so I don't have any problem with giving modern. If you want ancient stuff like Saul or David should do.

Damn, you all took it so deeply. Wonder if I can even do it with only what I have. The only thing I came up with as an update is that the main char is obsessed with the importance of dreams. Rookies [manga] style.

I'm thinking kinda modern name. And to rushashi, you kinda stole the Humonculus idea from Fullmetal Alchemist with Greed, Lust, Wrath, etc. I'm not saying that I'm not doing ripoffs (an immortal guy with a scyhte, I mean come on!), but you might want to try and rework it a little. Still, really cool idea.

There's one idea I borrowed from One Piece, and it's inspried by Devil's Fruits. They're called Gear, accesories (Rings, bracelets, etc.) that when worn give the user unique powers. Actually, I think I got that idea more from MAR.
    Rappin' Chopper:

Quote Originally Posted by Impel Down View Post
    I'm thinking kinda modern name. And to rushashi, you kinda stole the Humonculus idea from Fullmetal Alchemist with Greed, Lust, Wrath, etc. I'm not saying that I'm not doing ripoffs (an immortal guy with a scyhte, I mean come on!), but you might want to try and rework it a little. Still, really cool idea.
    the seven deadly sins are used in a whole bunch of stuff.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_d...opular_culture

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information