+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Who here is thinking of writing a manga series?

Default Re: Who here is thinking of writing a manga series?

I'm planning on creating at least two or three series, myself. The one that's most focused on is almost done. Afterwards, I'll find a cheap site that will help me give it life.

I have already started the manga (just wrote 4 chapters this week). I don't know if its a good idea to start where i started at (since its already beginning to be serious). I'm thinking of moving these chaptrs to further one, and do a prologue for the first chapter and a couple of chapter later about different missions (or whatever problem it is)

With mine, I'm able to make a "coherent plot", although the beginning is shakey, but I just can't draw. And, people might think it's a little ripped off because it's like jewelry that gives power, like with MÄR

Theres no such thing as a totally original manga anymore.

That's true There are tons of rip-offs in OP too.

Well, I do have two ideas. I really love both so I want to get them together into one manga. The problem is I suck at drawing, too, like most of you.
    I'm in 9th grade so I really don't have too much time. I haven't even started writing it, but it's still fresh in my mind.

I need to research ALOT about unique things. If I want a good story, I need things that people don't know in it. Alot of history too. Darn it.

For mine, I've done research to make things acurate, learned new languages, and watched/read tons of stuff. It would be a best-selling manga if only I could draw. BTW, does anyone know what Gray is in Japanese?

Quote Originally Posted by Impel Down View Post
    For mine, I've done research to make things acurate, learned new languages, and watched/read tons of stuff. It would be a best-selling manga if only I could draw. BTW, does anyone know what Gray is in Japanese?
    "Ha iro
    An old word. They just say "gray" now."
    From polykarbon's Japanese guide.

So, is it Hairo or Ha Iro?

Well, Iro is Color so I'm not sure. I think it's a suffix, but you should check someone who knows better.
    May I ask what is it for? *Interested*

By the 7 Sons of Pwngoat! *Meh*'s Avatar

Well, "aka" is red, and to indicate that they are talking about the color red and not a red___, they say "akairo", pronounced "a KIGH 'ro". Then again, it's been awhile since I've even discussed colors in Japanese...

EDIT: According to my English-Japanese dictionary, it's 'hai-iro'. Interestingly enough, in the Japanese-English section of the same dictionary, 'hai-iro' appears only as an example of a usage of the word 'hai', meaning "ashes". Another term for describing the color gray was listed as 'nezumi-iro'. No foolin'!
    Last edited by *Meh*; December 18th, 2006 at 04:43 PM. Reason: New information
    I'm like Hisotensoku: Not here to preserve peace, nor to destroy it. I certainly can't move mountains. Mostly, I'm just full of hot air.
    - *Meh*

N00bler

Quote Originally Posted by rusashi View Post
    Theres no such thing as a totally original manga anymore.
    Hmm yeah, I wanted to do a manga that is sort of a rip-off of Saikano, and I can draw but just never got around to it... laziness...

Because I imagine this one part of the manga that would be really cool, making me excited to get started... then I realise there is all this boring pretext that I gotta draw, upon this realisation I loose all motivation.

Reverse the polarity! Senshi Mizaka's Avatar

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/...e+-in%3Ascraps

Well, here's the first chapter of my One Piece-inspired story. In the later chapters, I decide to make fun of 4Kids' edits a bit.
    Rappin' Chopper:

"Yo; I was a reindeer livin' out in 'da snow! But then this old geeza' doctor brought me into his home! After healin' my wounds, I felt real phat. Then, old docta' Hiruk gave me this blingin' hat! My family beat me, shunt me, but it's all tight. Because I'm doin' my doctor remedies all night. I look like freak with my Human Human fruit. But now I'm with some gangsta' pirates who like to steal loot! All the girls like my blue nose. Yeah; it's the way that I get the *Record scratching*. Usopp's the guy with all 'da glory. He's my main man with all his tight stories. Zolo's Santoryu skills are on ice. You betta' watch out, or you gonna get sliced! Sanji's the cook servin' up the main dish. Don't mess with him, unless that's your wish. Luffy's 'da captain with the straw hat! His Gum Gum skills are real real tight. Vivi's the princess of Alabasta. Now we gotta head there, and we betta' do it faster!"

The point of knowing gray in japanese was just to figure out a charecter's name. I wanted Gray, but that's taken, so I thought I'd take a japanese approach.

well..for me, I already have my story done,and its good, i think...all i need to do is to find someone who will draw it for me...XD, and that is the hard part.

I don't want people to draw for me, because I have a very distinct idea of what everything should look like.

In the season of the witch

I had started a manga script inspired in the movie Dellamorte Dellamore, about a girl that works in a cemetery and gets into a supernatural trouble. I only hope that my idea don't result in a sort of rip-off of Ge-ge-ge no Kitaro or Uzumaki.

I'm thinking about it, but I'm still not sure what stories I will do as comic and which ones I wont.

Ive been drawing sketches and writing character bios, and my first chapter is done (written, not drawn of course.) But I dont know how to get my idea out there, since last time I posted my "draft" I got no criticizm or anything :[

It's an inspiration of both Cyborg 009 AND Pirates of the carribean. Odd combo if I say so myself.

In mine, I'm trying to make a lot of ethnic chars, but it's harder than it sounds. So far, I have a Mexican guy (NO, HIS NAME IS NOT CHAD!), a few Asian guys (most of them are white), and a black guy (looks like Alan from MÄR, only blacker). I'm trying to throw a Jew and a Muslim into it, but I can't find a good place to insert.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information