+ Reply to Thread
Page 105 of 516 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 103 104 105 106 107 115 155 205 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,100 of 10317

Thread: WWE and other fed: Disccusion

Default Re: WWE and other fed: Disccusion

Marine 2 and 12 Rounds were actually both pretty decent movies. I enjoyed them, but they're really just rentals. I couldn't see myself watching it annually or anything.

ROH is making a tv title? Interesting that they're adding new stuff to the mix, but I always found TV titles to be stupid and a cheap excuse to call someone "World Champ" without them being a real World Champion. Why not just make a belt along the lines of IC or Global (so glad they renamed the "Legends" title) title?

Lady Gaga? Take notes. Rebecky_Mo's Avatar

So one of tonight's guest hosts has cancelled. From wrestlezone.com

James Roday will not be co-guest hosting RAW as originally scheduled tonight due to an appendectomy he underwent this past weekend. Dule Hill, Roday's partner on the USA Network show "Psych" will still be hosting the gig tonight by himself.
    Not that anyone cares, but hey, one never knows...

Some Psych fans must care.

Actually, this Dule Hill guy's been a pretty entertaining host thus far. High energy, funny, seems to actually know the wrestler's names, hasn't gotten himself involved in a match, is pushing buttons...

EDIT: Now THAT was a nice promo between Cena and McMahon. I was kinda hoping Cena and the whole RAW roster would threaten a sit-in strike if he didn't invite Bret back, just for the visual of it. But it was still awesome.

EDIT 2: AAAGH, WHY is Kofi facing the 'Miz'-Carders again?! D8 And I like his yellow tights better, this black one is boring.
    Last edited by Rebecky_Mo; January 25th, 2010 at 08:20 PM.

El Sucio Sánchez SantoryuMaster97's Avatar

Crappy Raw ending...just so close to having Orton DDT Cena....well what should i expect.
    Survivor of the Ivotas Holocaust!

XboxLive Gamertag: Big Evil99
    Addiction defines Gravity. Speed over addiction

Does anyone else love the Royal Rumble theme as much as me? "Hero" is really getting me pumped for the PPV this weekend. Skillet did a few PPV themes previously that I was ambivalent towards, but this one is a really good song. Gonna have to iTunes it.

I gotta say Dule Hill was a pretty fun host. He got into the show and had great energy. The main problem with the episode was Cena over-exposure. I mean 3 skits with the host, a McMahon confrontation, a match, and a sudden magic power boost to beat down Orton. Just like before Hell In a Cell, a perfectly fresh Orton got manhandled by a fatigued and weak Cena, but more on that later.

I loved what HHH said as the show opened. He straight-up said that they'd been playing silly games for too long and now it's Rumble time. Love it. Good tag match with Legacy. Of course DX was gonna win, it was completely obvious. I have to say that Punk and Gallows will win the tag belts, even if they don't deserve them at all. DX are gonna focus on their singles work, but I really hope we don't see too many of the Punk savior skits. It's already getting old for me. I want actual tag teams to start having big tag matches. Legacy v Hart Dynasty would be a sweet-ass match-up.

Big Show defeated MVP really quick. MVP really didn't do much. I didn't notice how it happened, but MVP's suit got unzipped mid-match. Kinda funny.

Maryse was obviously going to win, but they certainly made Eve look like a bigger challenge. He dropkicks are terrible, but huge kudos for her doing a moonsault. I didn't like the finish, however. Maryse took a beating the majority of the match and then just lands her French Kiss DDT for a win? A bit more back-and-forth would have been better.

Vince McMahon's segment was really good. I enjoyed it. I liked his crowd interaction. Cena's interruption was good, but didn't come off nearly as great as Taker's. I'm excited for more Bret. This storyline will be great. I can feel it.

Kofi Kingston v Miz was a good match. I liked that Miz used his Reality Check, it's been a while since I've seen that. The MVP music hitting leading to a TiP win was so obvious, though. Wish the title match were at the Rumble.

Carlito v Kelly Kelly? At least it didn't happen. Santino's speech makes me worry that they might try to make him a serious wrestler. He's great as comic relief with occasional matches (MUCH better than Hornswoggle). Leave him be. Swagger could have done a much better beatdown on Santino. I thought he was going to do a sweet T-bone Suplex into the post, but instead did a plain hit into the post. That looked lame. Come on, Swagger! Start living up to your potential!

Gail Kim beat Alicia Fox. I am so glad that happened. I actually think Alicia is terrible. I hope Maryse and Gail get the time to have a really good match, too. I also look forward to Mickie James and Michelle McCool having a good match at the Rumble.

Sheamus v Cena made Sheamus look really strong! He was abusing Cena throughout the majority of the match. On the first count-out situation, I was expecting Orton to come hit an RKO on Sheamus, and was surprised Cena got back in. Then the second count-out occured and Orton did hit his RKO, so I was more-or-less vindicated. It was a good match with some nice work to keep Sheamus elevated, but having Cena fight to still get in the ring after several points of abuse already showed he was a never give up fighter, so why have him hit an Attitude Adjustment on the completely fresh Orton?

This is a stupid decision by WWE! I know it gives Cena the precious spotlight, but if he really is suffering from a minor injury to the point that they decided against him being in the title match at the Rumble, then why do they bury the momentum that Orton just barely regained with his vengeance attack on Sheamus by having Cena knock him out so easily? If they had Orton hit the RKO on Sheamus and then look at Cena trying to climb back into the ring, then smirk, turn his back and just leave, it would have left Orton with great momentum and Cena with respect still. It also could have provided an excuse for Orton to either pull a face turn or shoot a promo before the Rumble that Cena means nothing to him now and all that matters is the belt. But, instead, we get to see Cena suddenly hulk out and destroy Randy. Just my thoughts.

As it is, the card for the Royal Rumble is:
    30-man Royal Rumble
    WWE Championship: Sheamus v Randy Orton
    World Championship: Undertaker v Rey Mysterio
    ECW Championship: Christian v Ezekiel Jackson
    Women's Championship: Michelle McCool v Mickie James

The Rumble is about 70-80 minutes including the initial entrances and some overrun after the 30th man enters at the 60-minute mark. That leaves the other hour and a half for just four matches. I'm hoping that means we will get nice lengthy matches, instead of a bunch of little segments and overly long flashbacks. I also hope the Rumble PPV actually goes the 3 hours that is scheduled. Too many end closer to 2 hours 40 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecky_Mo View Post
    AAAGH, WHY is Kofi facing the 'Miz'-Carders again?! D8 And I like his yellow tights better, this black one is boring.
    I don't think it's really a demotion. Miz has really been building himself as a great heel. Look at how well and almost seamlessly he replaced Jericho as the guy who annoys the guest host and has Big Show do his dirty work. Plus his ring work has grown greatly in the last year. If it is demotion, I guess it would be due to his huge botch of the finish to the #1 Contender Triple Threat match. Remember how pissed Randy was at the end?

a sitcom?

http://insidetv.aol.com/2010/01/26/w...arella-sitcom/

this seems to be a real show.
    <Avi Drawing Credit to PirateNeko
    My DeviantArt:http://mediafan658.deviantart.com/
    My FC is 3308-4620-6155

I think ROH making a tv title is a great idea. They are using the tv title evelaute the new stars in ROH. Which is good in my opinion, since they got the Six Pick challenge for the main eventers of ROH. So they need to do something for the mid-carders besides the tag team belts.

And trust me, ROH have a lot of great mid-carders (with Rhett Titus, El Generico, Kevin Steen, Claudio Castagnoli, Delirious, Kenny King, and Eddie Kingston) that could actually win this touranment.

I will say this, I have been watching ROH for almost a year now and I will say I enjoy it more then WWE right now.

The Full bracket for the ROH TV Title Touranment is now up. Here are the matches.

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/article.aspx?id=3206

Here are the matches, if you don't want to go to the link.

(1) Kevin Steen Vs. (8) Rhett Titus
    (3) Colt Cabana Vs. (6) Eddie Edwards
    (4) Davey Richards Vs. (5) Delirious
    (2) Kenny King Vs. (7) El Generico

The Touranment should be really great, and they so setting up Steen Vs. El Generico, since they started a feud back at the final ROH event of 2009, Final Battle.

Is that sitcom thing for real? They misspell Santino Marella several times in that article. I do find Santino very funny at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Sano View Post
    I think ROH making a tv title is a great idea. They are using the tv title evelaute the new stars in ROH. Which is good in my opinion, since they got the Six Pick challenge for the main eventers of ROH. So they need to do something for the mid-carders besides the tag team belts.

And trust me, ROH have a lot of great mid-carders (with Rhett Titus, El Generico, Kevin Steen, Claudio Castagnoli, Delirious, Kenny King, and Eddie Kingston) that could actually win this touranment.

I will say this, I have been watching ROH for almost a year now and I will say I enjoy it more then WWE right now.
    Maybe you misunderstood what I meant. I didn't mean they shouldn't add a new belt, I just think the name "World TV Title" is stupid. I hated it in WCW too. They could have come up with a better name than that.

ROH has great wrestlers, for sure and all are true workhorses who love the business from what I've seen. I was bummed out when my cable provider dropped HDNet and I couldn't watch anymore.
    Last edited by Syan Strife; January 26th, 2010 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KaizokuFan22 View Post
    a sitcom?

http://insidetv.aol.com/2010/01/26/w...arella-sitcom/

this seems to be a real show.
    The Santino Show? Hey, I'd give it a shot. And maybe I'd like Kozlov more as an actor than a wrestler (...not bloody likely).

And from wrestlezone.com:
    WWE is expected to reveal, by Monday, the location for Wrestlemania 27. Right now, the two leading candidates to host the event are The Sun Life Stadium in Miami, FL and The Georgia Dome in Atlanta, GA
    I'm still hoping against hope Toronto gets it. *crosses fingers*

I saw the Santino show last week, it was really entertaining

Of course it is official that Vin ce will battle Bret Hart after all...

Well, the first battle was on January 4th, but it sounds like the time for a new Monday Night War is truly upon us! From wrestlezone.com:

We reported earlier today that TNA has booked another Impact broadcast to go head-to-head with Raw on March 1st. The Wrestling Observer is now reporting that TNA has decided to permanently air Impact on Monday nights as they feel the time is right to go head-to-head with WWE. As of now, the plan is to air a live Impact every other Monday night, and tape an Impact broadcast on Tuesday nights which will air on the Monday nights that the show does not air live.

It is unclear at this time whether or not Impact will retain or change its current 9-11pm time slot.
    And also in the wrestling world:

The Wrestling Observer is reporting that Randy Orton has signed a new long term contract with WWE. The deal is said to be for 10 years, and it's also being reported that Orton received a $600,000 payday for working last year's WrestleMania PPV.
    JUST for Wrestlemania '09? Jesus. I'd take 1/6th of that for an annual salary...

Ok, review rundown of tonight's TNA.

Show started off with Hogan and Bischoff talking to Foley. Bischoff says Foley is fired and needs to be gone for attacking him. Yet, Foley claims he never laid a hand on Bischoff because if he had, Bischoff wouldn't be able to even show up tonight. Hogan decides to give Foley a chance and that he and Bischoff will have to bury the hatchet. And how crappy is TNA's A/V production crew? They just suddenly start playing Hogan's music while he was still talking. Great job there...

I have mixed feelings about Ken Anderson using the exact same gimmick he had in WWE. Funny when he did Booker T's delayed walk back on screen style for the last "...Anderson!" to Christy Hemme. Wasn't sure who he'd end up facing. Turned out that he main evented with Jeff Jarret. Get to that later.

Desmond Wolfe will be facing Sean Morley later on. It was an ok, average match. Could've been better. I'm glad Wolfe won. What was up with the giant Dixie Carter Twitter plug blocking the match for 30 seconds? And they did that twice. Lame.

Hey, it's more of the taller-than-AJ girls! Why are they making him look so small by putting him next to women who are taller than him? God, he's bad in a Nature Boy role.

Look at that, more burying of the TNA originals. Hernandez smashed Daniels. So Hernandez gets a spot along with Wolfe in the 8 Card Stud tournament.

Good Lord, it's hard to even look at the Nasty Boys. Eww, did they really just say, "We are here to stay in TNA!"? Awful. Here comes the Dudleys, oops, strike that, Team 3D. Devon has some of the worst pacing in a promo I've seen in a while. "What have you... been doing? We've been winning... championship in, um... ECW! In... WWE! In New Japan! In All... Japan!" Jeez, man, think, then talk. It was a really easy point to make, too, why did he keep pausing like he was confused? Well, at least he wasn't borderline hyperventilating like fat Saggs. Seriously, he was out of breath from just talking. You could hear him sucking air the whole time. It was like the handicapped kid from Malcom in the Middle was giving a promo with the heavy breathing between every two words. It's just pathetic that this will be a PPV match. That will probably be the most out-of-shape tag team match ever in a major company.

The Beautiful People are so perfectly named. I love them. It was weird how they are blasting Angelina Love as if they threw her out. If that's the case, they could have just snubbed Angelina when she was in the audience on the day of her return instead of being all happy to see her. Just weird.

So, the BP face off with Tara (Knock Outs Champion) and Kong / Hamada (KO Tag Champs). It was an okay match. The sad thing was this match had the best finish of the night. Good job with Madison Rayne using the Ugly Stick to get the cheap win. And then Angelina attacks the BP again. Not a bad set-up, but the way Angelina attacked them to chase them away, and then did this weird, slow shove to push Velvet out of the ring was strange.

Isn't Kong quitting or something? I remember she was pissed over Bubba the Love Sponge making rude comments about Haiti and now wants to quit and Hogan doesn't like her either. Speaking of Bubba, why is he still there? Some lame-ass radio interviewer doesn't need to be on a show. Stupid.

Oh, so Hebner did it for the money. "Bret didn't screw Bret. Vince didn't screw Bret. I screwed Bret." Ooook. Wow, TNA, you really wanna piggyback on WWE, don't you?

Angle cut a great promo on AJ and Flair. It was very good. Hogan came out and said Angle will be in the 8 Card Stud tournament. And there's your winner folks. Hogan starts to answer Angle... and the music suddenly cuts him off AGAIN! Wow, I think someone needs to go back to training for when to press buttons to play music. Hogan's time must be up. As he's leaving, Hall and Six Pac jump Angle. Oh, we aren't done with them? Damn it all.

Gen Me and Red v MCMG and Kendrick. Totally didn't live up to what it could have been. Sabin and Shelley were the only ones who really did well in the match. Kendrick's blind tag was executed terribly. And why he did he use a cradle pin? It didn't make sense. You don't need special pins when you just triple teamed the guy, it makes you look weak. I've been unimpressed with Kendrick since his TNA debut, and I liked him in WWE.

Here comes the British Invasion. Oh, a blatant ripoff of the MitB cash-in. Wait, the guy who owns it doesn't even get to use it? Weird. Especially since that dude looked like a jacked-up beast. Amazing Red lost his title. Took all of a month during Hogan's tenure to take his belt. Knew that would happen. Called it. Expect Red to slowly fade away after trying to regain his belt.

So Bobby Lashley is fired. Why is he mad? Didn't he just ask to be released from his contract like a week ago? That's exactly what being fired is! I don't get it at all...

JJ v Ken Anderson was a good match. I like Anderson's (man, it is HARD to right my thoughts of this match. I've typed Kennedy twice already!) style and his smash mouth talking during the fight is mostly unique. Finish was a bit stale, unfortunately. JJ didn't look too bad. He's consistent, despite not being spectacular. Anderson attacking him after the bell seemed forced. Did he suddenly get a grudge in the 20 minutes since he met Jarrett?

Overall, it was an ok show. Nothing that great really, but still was decently done. I didn't get that "Why am I watching this crap?" feeling as often as I used to during TNA shows, so that's a plus. Still, Nasty Boys, Scott Hall and Six Pac don't belong anywhere near a tv camera or a ring. Such a waste that could be filled with some real talent with potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Master View Post
    I saw the Santino show last week, it was really entertaining
    Where did you see it?
    Last edited by Syan Strife; January 29th, 2010 at 12:59 PM.

I lol-ed at syan's TNA's review.
    I do not watch TNA, but seeing that the review were full of WWE bashes by TNA, i find it kind of amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Syan Strife View Post
    Where did you see it?
    You can go to youtube and write the santino show...

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Master View Post
    You can go to youtube and write the santino show...
    Nothing comes up. The only thing it shows is the one day where Santino hosted the Abraham Washington Show on ECW a few weeks ago.

Hornswoggle Vs. Chavo won this year, Gooker Award on Wrestlecrap.com

Here is the link to the induction.

http://www.wrestlecrap.com/newinduction1.html

From wrestlezone.com:

Unless it's simply a mistake, WWE.com has removed Santino Marella and The Hurricane's names from the list of wrestlers competing in the royal rumble match this Sunday night. While It is coincidental that Gregory Helms was arrested around the time his name was removed from those participating in the match, there has been no confirmation that either wrestler has officially been removed from the bout or if they're being punished.
    Okay, not surprised at Helms being removed (though why wasn't Jericho removed to then?), but Santino? Was he injured? I was actually kinda hoping he'd win the thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecky_Mo View Post
    From wrestlezone.com:

Okay, not surprised at Helms being removed (though why wasn't Jericho removed to then?), but Santino? Was he injured? I was actually kinda hoping he'd win the thing...
    I read this earlier
    - Both Santino Marella and Hurricane Helms have been pulled from the official list of WWE Royal Rumble participants, according to WWE.com.

It's likely Helms' has been pulled due to the incident that took place this week, and Santino may be selling after the beating he received from Jack Swagger this past week on RAW.
    Credit to LOP.net
    I missed that so i dont know what happened

EDIT: www Vol.10
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...SIN=B0035DH9GC
    <Avi Drawing Credit to PirateNeko
    My DeviantArt:http://mediafan658.deviantart.com/
    My FC is 3308-4620-6155

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information