+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Usopp, gasp spoilers!

Offical Lier of Pirates

Default Usopp, gasp spoilers!

usopp will he rejoin the crew? i think so.

BUT HOW?!

Luffy: ...Usopp.

Usopp: Luffy...I...

Franky picks up usopp. boards new ship.

Franky: Lets go already!

and then they all make out.

Default Re: Usopp, gasp spoilers!

Still putting 10 bucks on Luffy and crew about to leave on their new ship, with Usopp on the shore, not knowing what to say but obviously wanting to go back with his tail between his legs and Luffy and Zoro telling him to board the ship as they're friends, reenacting vol 5 scene.

Anyway it'd be embarassing, so let's go for the more embarassing solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldrich View Post
    Still putting 10 bucks on Luffy and crew about to leave on their new ship, with Usopp on the shore, not knowing what to say but obviously wanting to go back with his tail between his legs and Luffy and Zoro telling him to board the ship as they're friends, reenacting vol 5 scene.

Anyway it'd be embarassing, so let's go for the more embarassing solution.

either this

or the 1st one are perfect

Fighting off leukaemia :( ChopChopCannon's Avatar

I'd laugh if he stayed as Sogeking for the rest of the manga.

And on the final chapter....

"Luffy, I have something to tell you."

"What is it?"

"The truth is...I am really...."

"Yeah? Come on, spit it out!"

".....Never mind. It's nothing. Forget it."

XD
    Holy hole in a doughnut, Batman!

Offical Lier of Pirates

i still think franky just gonna be the one to push him, cause usopp and luffy are too proud.

the making out is for everyone to enjoy.

Sengo

Or maybe something like that.
    Sanji ask Luffy to take Sogeking on board, but Luffy say "No, we dont need him!" And then we see Usopp with a depressed look on his face. Luffy next say "We dont need an other sniper, we have Usopp!". Like the way he like to recuit his crewmembers ("You will be my nakama! -No i dont want to! -You will be because i want to!" ).

the making out is for everyone to enjoy.
    Oh but I'll enjoy it. I really will. I'm starting to enjoy it right now. I enjoy it so much I'm almost crying of happiness.

I don't mean to spoiler the fun or be an ass, but was their really a need to make a thread just for that? It seems it would have fit better just in the spoiler thread or when the chapter comes out, the discussion thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Buuhan1 View Post
    I don't mean to spoiler the fun or be an ass, but was their really a need to make a thread just for that? It seems it would have fit better just in the spoiler thread or when the chapter comes out, the discussion thread.
    Dunno..., to me this rather reads like some speculation, and no one really knows when such a scene (if ever ) will occur, so why not a thread? I´ve seen worse (a lot).

I feel Ussop and Luffy both have to do their kotaus. Ussop was the only one with the right feeling for the Merry-nakama thing as we know now - but fighting his captain about a otherwise good decision wasn´t okay either.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer AWB's Avatar

Okay, even I'm starting to get annoyed by these Usopp threads. (everyone: *gasp*)

So far, Oda hasn't gone for the "I'm so sorry for leaving. I love ya, man" kind of thing. Usopp isn't going to ask to rejoin, he's going to demand.

I'm with Aldrich.. It would fit best, if the re-joining-scene resembles the one in the fifth book. But at first we need to know how Luffy will handle the Franky-thing.. We still don't REALLY know how he'll respond to it.. After that we should ask ourselves what's going on with Usopp O.o"

But why is everyone opening new threads, when just such small-fry-things could be said in one sentence in the discussion-threads of the respectable chapter. It's too crazy, all this stuff <.<

9/2/2008

yup yup, basically see them re-enacting what happened the first time round.

though i would prefer it, if usopp just asked or challenged Luffy saying that if he can hit him then he has to be allowed to rejoin.

I've always been curious to see how Oda would end this complicated situation, especially how to handle the Usopp rejoining scene not drowning in sappiness. That's a hard task, hopefully he'll pull it as quickly and painless as possible.

Luffy: "SogeKing i want you in my crew!"

Soge: "Luffy i....."

*Chopper trips and accidently knocks the mask off*

Luffy & Chopper: USOPP!?

Everyone: It took you this long to figure it out!?
    Quote Originally Posted by SSM View Post
    Toni, no offense, but you must be the most plain user on the forum. Your posts, your avatar, everything. You're like the Ishamaru of Arlong Park.

That totally came out of nowhere.

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

I've got an excellent theory.

Before they depart, Usopp (as Sogeking) asks to accompany the crew at the behest of Usopp, who is going with Oimo and Kaashi to Ebalf and will meet up with the Straw Hats there.
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    Making Anime and Manga OBSOLETE since 2006
    PM me for details

The Sogeking stuff got old roughly after they set foot on Enies Lobby. To see that double personality thing for another arc would be extremely annoying, I know Oda likes slightly redundant jokes but there's a limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Junkman View Post
    usopp will he rejoin the crew? i think so.

BUT HOW?!

Luffy: ...Usopp.

Usopp: Luffy...I...

Franky picks up usopp. boards new ship.

Franky: Lets go already!

and then they all make out.
    You are the win. That made my morning.

...yes, for me, this is morning. I got to sleep late today.

Anyway, I actually am expecting him to keep the Sogeking outfit to use it later, but return to being good ol' Usopp most of the time. Besides, putting on the Sogeking disguise, since it's associated with a bounty, might make telling certain lies easier later on. >>

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aldrich View Post
    The Sogeking stuff got old roughly after they set foot on Enies Lobby. To see that double personality thing for another arc would be extremely annoying, I know Oda likes slightly redundant jokes but there's a limit.
    Sogeking wouldn't be half as annoying if he didn't revert back into Usopp whenever put in a situation that required a decision, thus creating the "internal conflict" problem nobody needs to see more than once.

If Usopp/Sogeking did more acts like "shooting World Government flags without hesistation", he'd be much more tolerable for a whole 'nother arc.
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    Making Anime and Manga OBSOLETE since 2006
    PM me for details

I'm perfectly fine with the dual-identity thing atleast until Oda decides what to with Ussop's character development. As long as he doesn't go in emo mode again, Ussop is fine by me.

As for him rejoining, it's a given but I don't know how he will rejoin.

Brawl FC: 3823 8204 8139

I still think the best way to resolve this situation with Usopp is to have Luffy beg Sogeking to join after Sogeking does something amazing, thus giving Usopp what he needs. But after Luffy begs Sogeking to join as a sniper, he's reminded that Usopp was their sniper, so he retracts the offer, as Luffy still considers Usopp as a Straw Hat, and wants to leave the position open for him, if or when ever he wants to rejoin the crew. Then as the Straw Hats are about to depart, Usopp runs up Luffy, apologizes to him, is invited once again, and officially becomes the third member of the Straw Hats.

BTW, what could that amazing thing Sogeking ends up doing be? Perhaps it could be something like saving Water 7 from a Buster Call and becoming the hero of the city. I think a Buster Call could happen if the third admiral ends up being this truly corrupt, and evil bastard - someone like Spandine - which is quite possible as the WG really hasn't had that central evil character at the top yet that we can put a face on, that would make us truly loathe the WG, enough to make everyone want to see it come toppling down. What I'm saying is we need more Spandine's at the top to balance the Garp's, Aokiji's, Smoker's and Sengoku's if Oda wants us to really hate the WG, and to root for Dragon and his revolutionaries in the end.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information