+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Song do You Prefer?

Default Which Song do You Prefer?

The idea is similar to the Forced Listening Thread, only instead of listening to one song you'll listen to two and then tell us which one you prefer. You don't have to provide an analysis determining which one you think is objectively better or analyze each one individually (though you can if you want), just tell us which one you personally prefer and why. Once you've explained which one you prefer, you post two more songs for the next person to compare.

And, of course, the songs can be any kind you want: rock songs, rap songs, country songs, electronica, classical, songs from TV shows, musicals, video games, whatever. And the two songs being compared can be as similiar or dissimilar as you want. They can be two songs by the same band, or two songs from totally different artists from totally different genres.

Also, I know we generally don't hide the videos behind spoiler tags in the Forced Listening thread, but since there are going to be two videos per post in this thread I think it would be in everyone's best interest if we hide them behind spoiler tags, lest everyone suffers severe Internet lag.

Anyway, let's get things started.

Spoiler:

Default Re: Which Song do You Prefer?

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    The idea is similar to the Forced Listening Thread, only instead of listening to one song you'll listen to two and then tell us which one you prefer.
    Oh This'll be Fun. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    And, of course, the songs can be any kind you want:
    And the Flood Gates to the Deepest Circles of Auto-tuned Youtube Hell were opened upon the Forums. Me like.

Anyway, I prefered the first video over the second, more chill/relaxed.

That it? MY TURN

AND YOUR MOVE

BECAUSE THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE

Spoiler:

Last edited by Rogues' Gallery; May 17th, 2013 at 09:25 PM.

Novel I'm working on: The Dutchman
    Chapters Completed: 1!!
    Twitch / Blogspot

Great thread idea.

As for which I prefer from RG, the One Piece opening simply because it has more variation. Lots catchier. Cruel thing to ask people which they prefer of those lol. But I laughed. I am putting all context away for it and just rating the songs without what the 4kids one represents.

Here's my two:
    Spoiler:

Fineshrine - Purity Ring

Earth Moon Transit - Duster

I like the Purity Ring one better. It was a lot more catchy and upbeat.

Here are mine. Might want to turn down whatever you're using a bit before starting them.

Hidden:

Car Bomb - Cielo Drive

Cobalt - Pregnant Insect

Quote Originally Posted by Sakonosolo View Post
    I like the Purity Ring one better. It was a lot more catchy and upbeat.

Here are mine. Might want to turn down whatever you're using a bit before starting them.

Hidden:

Car Bomb - Cielo Drive

Cobalt - Pregnant Insect

Had to consider this one for a bit. I think the second. I listened to the second one once and the first one twice to refresh my memory. While I really like the drums and the general bounciness of the first one, the second just has more satisfying build and I like that style of screaming better.

My two:

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Demonicpoodle View Post
    Had to consider this one for a bit. I think the second. I listened to the second one once and the first one twice to refresh my memory. While I really like the drums and the general bounciness of the first one, the second just has more satisfying build and I like that style of screaming better.

My two:

Spoiler:

I think I prefer the first one. Had to listen to them both a few times, but in the end I chose the first because I really love the build up to the finish that it has.

My two
    Spoiler:

I'm gonna say I like the first one better. I prefer the female vocalist to the male one. Ialso like the beat of the first one more. They are both kinda slow and mellow, which makes neither really my cup of tea, but listening to the first on was more pleasent to my ear, so... yeah. That's my pick.

Hidden:

Steam Profile: Sorikai33 | 3DS Friend Code: 2981 6418 0894
    ^Feel free to add me on either^

Sig art by Stjepan Sejic

I prefer the second one! It's shorter! HAHAHAHA! No, just kidding. :P But I do prefer the second one, it has a sort chiptune feeling at times where the other one has more of the bro-step. And chiptunes rule supreme as the littlest child will tell you.

AND NOW:

Joe Bataan
    Hidden:

VERSUS

Steve Reich
    Hidden:

I much prefer the first one. While I can appreciate experimental and innovative methods of music, the second piece just really didn't do much for me. Maybe it was because of the poor acoustics, but I really couldn't decipher a beat and the whole thing just sounded monotonous. The first one, on the other hand, had a great classic R&B feel with quick punchy lyrics and I could really see myself listening to it again.

Spoiler:
    These are two totally different songs that both happen to be titled "Too Much Information."

I prefer the Police version. It more upbeat overall and I like the vocals better as well as the way they're delivered. I find the Police to be a better band overall anyway. I really should listen to more of their stuff.

Hidden:

I prefer the Police version. It more upbeat overall and I like the vocals better as well as the way they're delivered. I find the Police to be a better band overall anyway. I really should listen to more of their stuff.

Hidden:

Hard to choose since neither one are types of music I normally enjoy listening to. I suppose I prefer the second one purely because the drum solo in the first one kind of bored me.

Spoiler:

Definitely the second one. I love the usage of traditional, north african instruments to create this mystique and oriental sound. The Oblivion OST was not bad but if failed to move me which is what it is supposed to do.

Spoiler:

I'm gonna say I like the second more, but that really has very little to do with the music. I just liked watching the expressions as he played. As far as the music goes, I thought they were both fine. Not really my type, but pleasant to listen to all the same.

Hidden:
    Next up, Portal vs Mirror's Edge.

Steam Profile: Sorikai33 | 3DS Friend Code: 2981 6418 0894
    ^Feel free to add me on either^

Sig art by Stjepan Sejic

Huh. Two songs from video games made in recent years that are both titled "Still Alive". Whodda thunk it? Anyway, I've been a fan of Portal's "Still Alive" for quite a while (despite having never played it), and biased or not, I'm gonna have to with it. I haven't played Mirror's Edge either, and its "Still Alive" is a fine song in its own right, but nothing about it really stands out to me. Portal's "Still Alive" is just iconic.

Spoiler:

A hard choice, they are both awesome songs... But no, I'll choose Intergalactic just because for some reason or another it has stuck itself more in my brain, making me all nostalgic about the 90's. :)

Hidden:

Daniel Johnston - Tuna Ketchup

||

Hasil Adkins - I Don't Love You

Enjoyed the second one more. They're both pretty low quality, amateurish feeling but I feel that it hurts the first song more than the second. I didn't really like the vocals in the first song, they sounded like they had a little kid singing, which is probably the point but I didn't enjoy it. The lyrics too. I liked the 50s rock feel the second song had, it might be from that era, not sure since I don't know the artist.

Hidden:

I like the first one the best. Had a nice operatic feel to it... Dunno about the whole genre of the second one. Never heard anything from it that I really liked. I'll have to keep looking I guess. :)

Hidden:

Angie - The Computer did

versus

Transvolta - Disco Computer
    (The song ends at 3:14.)

but I feel that it hurts the first song more than the second. I didn't really like the vocals in the first song, they sounded like they had a little kid singing, which is probably the point but I didn't enjoy it. The lyrics too.
    Baby's First Daniel Johnston

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Hell View Post
    It's imperative that you cease your strange talking and start posting songs!

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Hell View Post
    I've never heard of him before so yes.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information