Conversation Between Count Mario and desa

1279 Visitor Messages

Page 1 of 128 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast
  1. I completely agree about Spider-Man: Life Story and Better Call Saul. Haven't checked out BCS season 5 yet though.
  2. I can tell you an in-depth summary about my comic book idea with art in a PM if you want.
  3. Before the quarantine, I was planning to start attending group therapy to meet other introverted and/or autistic young adults around my age. I've even been getting heavily into online dating sites for the past several months, although I haven't unfortunately haven't gone on a single date yet. But that got cancelled and I'm stuck at home all the time now. All my college classes switched to virtual livestreams on Google Meet.

I'm used to staying inside to focus on entertainment media, but I've been spending the past year or so trying to grow into a more multifaceted, independent person instead of just a lonely geek. So I'm a bit frustrated because I feel like I'm being forced to stay complacent within my comfort zone. It's as if I never grew at all and all that stress and effort improving myself was pointless. But I'm sure it'll pay off eventually.
  4. Oh, you thought of me a little while the forum was down? I appreciate that! I'm glad that you seem to be okay, or at least I assume so.

My relatives are all okay but my doctor got the coronavirus so it's that scarily prevalent. I'm worried about how this is affecting people's mental health though, especially in the long term. My dad is the nervous superstitious type and he cried in front of me, which rarely ever happens, because of how much he's been struggling with anxiety and other personal issues. I'm desensitized to a lot of this because of my general composed personality, depression symptoms, and avoiding the news most of the time. But I'm still concerned nonetheless.
  5. Also how's family and friends? Parents/grandparents?
  6. I think I loved the 2-3 issues. At least up to when Stacy has to leave since I think it was actually exploiting the world it set up. We had interesting conversation about how long standing relation influenced certain things. Like Peter working with Reed and clashing on how to evolve or Otto having supposedely a full arc thanks to years of battle. But 2 things happen that showed me the rest wasn't as thought out. Captain american enter the vietnam war but we never actually adresses it and the symbiote taking over Kraven is just a cool panel. It feels like it started with a genuine plan of what a world with Spidey and others really aging would be but then sadly turn into a cliffnote of the higlights of the spidey we with little regards to how it affects the character or reflect the world. There's a lot of neat ideas like 9/11 leadin to the unmasking and pusing heroes to be more organized but not enough follow up to be truly satysfying.
  7. On Live story of Spiderman I got that same feeling of wastes potential but I wanted the opinion of someone more steeped into the comic world and a bigger spidey fan.
  8. Oh yeah I also want to catch on on Better call Saul but I need to be in the right head space.

About what you were talking about Saul I think the problem comes from Saul trying to both be a prequel to Breaking Bad but also be his own thing. The Saul plot being the self contain shown they are making. And the mike and Nacho stuff being the prequel for the hardcore of breaking bad. But where it was understandable at the begenning when it was uncertain if anyone would care without the attachment to the original show now it's kind of feel like a weird add-on to a show that is all about exploration of character making a weird that shouldn't be. That plotline should have died s2 or be something Mike mentionned in passing at times when dealing with Saul our actual character.

And that awesome character from breaking bad should never have become part of the cast since it cements the show as a sequel uncessarily.
  9. That's good. Everything is so crazy right now and the forum went down right as stuff were getting weirder. So it was kind of annoying not being able to at least check if you were doing alright.

I never tried it actually. I should read that. With comics in a runt right it is a pretty great time to catch up on old gems. Right now now I'm mostly jumping from show to show constantly switching so it doesnt get monotone. Started Arrested development and Bojack horsman, Haikyuu(volleyball anime) and checked out new girl which I wasnt a fan. So mostly 20 minutes stuff.

What's the name of the comic and setting?
  10. I've been alright. Dealing with my last semester of college, although all my classes are done through digital livestreaming now. I've also been preparing to start up my first independent ongoing comic later this year.

Besides that, I read Superman vs. Muhammad Ali a couple weeks ago. I knew it was going to be super goofy, but I actually unironically liked it! Ali has a fun overconfident, wise, and snarky personality. And I think their fight actually represents both Ali and Superman's credentials well rather than having Ali win for the sake of winning. There's even a part where Superman builds his own Hyperbolic Tim Chamber boxing ring so he and Ali can train for months in the real-life span of a few hours before intergalactic boxing fight.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 1279
Page 1 of 128 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast