• New Info For One Piece Collection One

As some of you know a preliminary solicitation for an upcoming DVD release from FUNimation surfaced on Amazon for "One Piece Collection One". Now we have a solicitation from RightStuf:

http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/cat...em/91682/4/0/0

It seems that as many expected, it will be a repackaging of episodes 1-26 at a discounted price. I have to say that if you've been holding out on buying the FUNimation DVDs because you've been hoping for a better bargain, you probably don't have an excuse to not pick this up. Most anime re-packagings like these are priced at about 50 or 60 bucks MSRP, but this about 35 bucks MSRP, and even less if you order it on Amazon or Rightstuf. I remember when the "DBZ" orange bricks first came out they were about $49.99 MSRP, so this is quite a steal. This price point piques my curiousity a bit, but really does it matter? It's a great purchase!

Anime Boston and Sakura Con are coming up very soon so maybe we'll hear some official word from FUNimation reps in attendance about this set, maybe even more about "One Piece" if we're lucky. Anyone heading out to Anime Boston or Sakura Con this year?
      Comments 3 Comments
        Thanks again ma boy.
        Thanks for the News!

I Don't know If I should wait for these to release whenever they do, though I only have voyage one and two from season 1, I was just about to start getting more seasons.
        Quote Originally Posted by kyoushirowolf View Post
        Thanks for the News!

I Don't know If I should wait for these to release whenever they do, though I only have voyage one and two from season 1, I was just about to start getting more seasons.
        Well since you already have the first two voyages and this collection contains the exact same content, I wouldn't get it, unless you're a serious collector. Who knows, maybe this set will have some special packaging or extra. More of these collections are sure to come so you can always wait to start collecting these instead of voyages. You could potentially get a better bargain depending on where you get the original voyages but if we get more of these collections they'd be incredibly cheap if they're priced like this one, plus you'd be more immediately supporting FUNimation's release of "One Piece" by buying more current product compared to the Voyages.
    • Calendar

July   2019
      Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
      1 2 3 4 5 6
      7 8 9 10 11 12 13
      14 15 16 17 18 19 20
      21 22 23 24 25 26 27
      28 29 30 31
    • Tag Cloud