• No new One Piece Chapters for 2 weeks - Oda hospitalized for infected tonsils

Regarding issues WJ26 (May 27th release date) and WJ27 (June 3rd release date) of Shonen Jump: One Piece will be on hiatus, as author Oda Eiichio sensei is in the hospital with peritonsillar abscess. To all the readers who were looking forward to One Piece, we are very sorry. One Piece is listed on the memo for WJ26 as appearing in the issue, because it was too late in the printing process to make a correction. We also apologize for that.

Furthermore, in the notice about series not appearing in issue WJ26, the illness was written as "tonsillitis," but that is not correct. The correct name is "peritonsillar abscess."
      The plan is for One Piece to resume in issue WJ28 (June 10th release). Please continue to support One Piece now and in the future.

-The Editorial Department of Weekly Shonen Jump
      Comments 9 Comments
        Ouch,get well soon Goda
        NOOOOOOOO! Get well soon Master!
        This aggression will not stand, man. How in the world does an abscess in his peritonsillar region have the gall to oppose our deity, delay his mind-numbingly kingly work fitting for the reading pleasure of alien intelligence and furthermore hospitalizing him for a beastly amount of two weeks?There should be a law against this in Japan.
        Jeez... I hope he comes out of this okay. I know this is gonna sound odd, but is there any way to get an update on his condition? I had an aunt that died from that...
        Dang I really hope he gets better soon. I read the wiki on peritonsillar abscess, it seems another name for it is "quinsy"... obviously the work of his rival Tite Kubo.
        Quote Originally Posted by Selph View Post
        This aggression will not stand, man. How in the world does an abscess in his peritonsillar region have the gall to oppose our deity, delay his mind-numbingly kingly work fitting for the reading pleasure of alien intelligence and furthermore hospitalizing him for a beastly amount of two weeks?There should be a law against this in Japan.
        Cheers... Good exposition on my sentiments too. He should be fine by God's grace

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by skr View Post
        Dang I really hope he gets better soon. I read the wiki on peritonsillar abscess, it seems another name for it is "quinsy"... obviously the work of his rival Tite Kubo.
        Men,, we are raiding the Bleach camp!
        Quote Originally Posted by skr View Post
        Sounds about right.
        Hope he gets better soon. If anyone hears news about his condition, can they post here?
        oda get it over with.... you won't survive the end of your own story.
    • Calendar

July   2019
      Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
      1 2 3 4 5 6
      7 8 9 10 11 12 13
      14 15 16 17 18 19 20
      21 22 23 24 25 26 27
      28 29 30 31
    • Tag Cloud