• "Who Quoted Me?" Addon

Hey everyone, I just added another mod to the forum called 'Who Quoted Me?'. This mod does exactly what the name implies, it notifies when, where, and by whom you are quoted. This works in two ways:

1.) You are notified on the notifications drop-down the same way you are notified about new PM's, new friend requests, and new profile comments.
      2.) If you open your userCP, and the notification drop down will take you there, you can see a list of the most recent 10 times you were quoted.

Please note that if a post that quoted you is deleted, the thread won't be listed, but the user who quoted you will still show in the list. It's sort of a bug, but not really worth fixing. If you notice any other problems with this, please let me know. Also, note that this is a test run of this mod. There's a possibility we might remove this in the future for one reason or another.
      Comments 23 Comments
        Nice add-on. I know sometimes I miss people who quote me in the bustle of comments but this will prevent that.
        Cool I remember somebody suggested this.
        Yeah this seems to be a globally preferred addon, but at the same time I'm sure there are some who don't care for it and maybe even a few who find it annoying, so I'm going to look into modifying it so that it can be disabled on an individual basis. So... if anyone bothers reading this, feel free to let me know if you'd like the option to disable notifications.
        Yeah I kind of prefer to know when someone responds to my messages rather then every time someone quotes me :/
        Seems like a good idea. I mean not if your in a huge discussion with a quote pyramid going on, but still useful.
        Quality add on feature.

I wonder what else we'll see in the future...
        Hmmm i've been quoted several times today and I see no notifications for the quotes. Umm.. is there something I need to do? Or am I looking in the wrong places?
        Quote Originally Posted by Gekko135 View Post
        Hmmm i've been quoted several times today and I see no notifications for the quotes. Umm.. is there something I need to do? Or am I looking in the wrong places?
        should be right below the banner at the top of the main page.
        I think i've got it. Quote me one more time.
        Really great idea. Saves time when going back and forth between threads.
        I think i've got it. Quote me one more time.
        It's possible multiple quotes from the same thread and day will only result in a single notification. Hard to say. Multi-quotes might also have something do to with it. I haven't looked at the code yet, so I can't really say, but I think I have also had a quoted post or two go without notification.
        Actually, my notifications showed your quote just now brennen. But there are a couple other quotes of me today that didn't show up there. Does it have to be a specific way the person quotes you?
        Maybe it`s necessary that the whole post is quoted and not just parts of it...
        Actually, my notifications showed your quote just now brennen. But there are a couple other quotes of me today that didn't show up there. Does it have to be a specific way the person quotes you?
        I'd imagine the mod works based off of the quote field, so as long as the syntax of your name is in place and the post id is linked, it should work. IE: "[QUOTE=Gekko135;2199488]"
        That's a good point Don Quichotte.

I'm not sure, but it seems the other quotes were done properly in the other threads, yet they don't show up on my CP.

Oh well, still a cool feature.
        This is a great fucking idea.
        If you're quoted in a multi-quote it doesn't seem to work right. At least for me.
        This is easily one of the cooler things about the AP upgrade.
        This doesn't see to be working for me at all, nor do I see the option in my CP screen. Hmm.
        Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
        This doesn't see to be working for me at all, nor do I see the option in my CP screen. Hmm.
        So you didn't get a quote notification for this post?
    • Calendar

September   2019
      Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
      1 2 3 4 5 6 7
      8 9 10 11 12 13 14
      15 16 17 18 19 20 21
      22 23 24 25 26 27 28
      29 30
    • Tag Cloud