• 8 Years Later...

Well, we made it. It was a rough weekend but we are finally upgraded to vBulletin 4.

I'm sure you all are seeing that things have changed quite a bit. Well, not so much changed, but it is a little different, and there is much more potential. There is, for example, a more advanced video posting option, allowing you to select from more video streaming sites than just YouTube. There is a more advanced search feature. There is a new visitor messaging feature in your profiles, allowing you to leave notes or have conversations with people. We can integrate with Facebook and twitter, should we choose to do so. There is a donate button on the navbar, for those of you who would like to help us with the monthly server costs. Obviously this news section is new.

There are quite a few more additions, which I am sure you will all get to know over the next week or two, so we all hope you enjoy the changes. In the mean time, if you find anything you believe you should have access to, something you shouldn't have access to, or just something that isn't working, please let a staff member know or leave a comment in this posting.

That said, welcome to the new Arlong Park Forums.

- AP Staff

PS: This Fishman Island theme is the only working theme available at the moment. We are working on others, some of which may be available in the coming weeks, and we are looking for people who have ideas for themes and preferably the skills to bring those ideas to life as well.

Edit: I haven't been able to completely rebuild the search index yet, so search might not display appropriate results. Give that some time. If I can't run it today/tonight, Jonas and I can figure it out some time this week. For this reason, among others, it is possible we will have more downtime in the coming days. Just be patient, this was a huge leap for us.
      Comments 11 Comments
        What exactly do you mean by 'integrate with Twitter and Facebook' ? :)

Well done on the upgrade. Site looks great!
        I once propossed that the winner of last year tournament should get a forum skin. If I ever get free time I'll try to pitch in a Whitebeard theme.
        Welcome back!! The new skin is amazing!
        Great work!!
        So, what was the april fools joke than? People running the site having an indoor fight or what?
        Quote Originally Posted by Flux View Post
        What exactly do you mean by 'integrate with Twitter and Facebook' ? :)
        I honestly barely know. You can log in to Facebook from here and sync certain content. I don't use Facebook so obviously I didn't test it out, haha.
        You guys picked a great colorspread for the theme. When the site gets more skin themes, I propose a feudal style theme. Like the impel down color spread. Because it has feudal Croc. Or mafioso themed. That would be cool too. Because fedoras.

I lol'd at the caribou icons.
        Thx to everyone involved updating the forum.
        You guys and girls did a great job and now you have earned yourself a break(even when still stuff is to dio).
        Again thx to those who spend their freetime doing so.
        To be perfectly honest, I'm just glad to see that everything is back up and running. " Home again Home again"
        The new site looks great......but, I'm curious, is there a way for a mobile view within the new upgrade? I'm always on the run (college student), so I follow through my phone (blackberry) which doesn't allow the best view of the content, so can you guys enable it or am I stuck?
        Quote Originally Posted by Captain Brooke View Post
        The new site looks great......but, I'm curious, is there a way for a mobile view within the new upgrade? I'm always on the run (college student), so I follow through my phone (blackberry) which doesn't allow the best view of the content, so can you guys enable it or am I stuck?
        Yep, that'll probably be an easier theme to accomplish.
        Thanks 4 the answer!
    • Calendar

September   2019
      Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
      1 2 3 4 5 6 7
      8 9 10 11 12 13 14
      15 16 17 18 19 20 21
      22 23 24 25 26 27 28
      29 30
    • Tag Cloud